• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

JCBP630DT1WW GE Range - Oven Won’t stop preheating!

Marjielynn

Model Number
JCBP630DT1WW
Brand
GE
So my bottom oven element on my GE range (model number JCBP630DT1WW) needed to be replaced...which I did. After replacing, my oven will not reach desired temp and continues to preheat. Bottom element is getting hot... but not red. Took 40 mins to reach 350 degrees. Tried adjusting thermostat temp. Any suggestions? Replace thermostat? Getting very frustrated. Also live in a very isolated area so getting parts and asking for service is almost non existent.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Sounds like either the clock oven control board isn't sending the proper voltage to the bake element, you need 220-240 volts. Does the broil element get RED HOT?

You'd need a multimeter to volt test at the bake element. If no 220-240 volts when its ON bake then its your clock oven control board that's bad. Be careful not to touch any wires when you volt test at the bake element. Just put one meter lead on one bake element terminal, the other meter lead on the other bake element terminal and your meter should read 220-240 volts.

You'll need to pull the range out from the wall, then remove the back access panel first! Make sure you unplug your range first before removing the back access panel and when you re-install the back access panel. Just plug the range in before you test.:)

Jake

bigbuck

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Here is the mini manual.Jake.

Attachments

• 29-5707 GE JCBP630DT1WW Range Mini Manual.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 40

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck!