FIXED JDB3600AWP1 Not washing

Tom Law

Premium Member
Model
JDB3600AWP1
Brand
Jenn-Air
I have a Jenn Air JDB3600AWP1 that doesnt seem to be working correctly. Ran the wash cycle last night like always and went to unload it today and the dishes were dirty. Water in the bottom of the washer still. The unit still turns on and lets me try to run a cycle. It starts by pumping water out into my drain which i hear, then it starts filling by the side fill on the left side and stops. I hear clicking but the spray bars never come on for it to wash.

Is there a way to enter a diagnostic mode to see what the unit is doing? Any ideas on why it will fill from the side but not "WASH"?

Thanks

Tom Law

Premium Member
I ran the diagnostic and received codes 8-2, 3-3, and 9-1 right at the beginning of the interval.
Thoughts?
Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Tom,

Yes, It's most likely a bad wash motor, this has become a common problem as of late, many members here have reported the same. In fact I had 2 this past Sept. 2018 in Parker, Arizona that did the exact same thing, and the new wash motor fixed them both.:)

Look at post #7 here: FIXED 665.13472N411 What to check on why it only washes about 5% of the cycle.

I'd first check to see if your getting 120 volts to the wash motor when it should be in the wash cycle.

Take the wire connector off the wash motor and use your multimeter to see if yours is getting 120 volts when it should be washing, if so and it's not running order the wash motor below.

Here is the wash motor assembly you can order:
WPW10234567 PUMP&MOTOR

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Tom Law

Premium Member
Thanks Jake, I guess I will try this turbidity sensor that’s arriving tomorrow, if that doesn’t work then I will test the power to the motor in the wash cycle and if it’s 120 I will order the pump, dammit, $235!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Tom, keep us posted.

Jake

Tom Law

Premium Member
You were right on. Pump motors impellor shaft is magnetic and surrounded by plastic. Plastic cracked due to heat cycles and water got in behind it. The water rusted the metal shaft and the shaft buldged binding the motor. I am saving the motor drive and ordering a new pump assy like you recommended. I wish I could upload pics to show you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Tom, good find!

To upload photos--->Just Click "Go Advanced" at the bottom right side of this Quick Reply editor that we type in, then you will see the MANAGE Attachments Button.

Jake

Tom Law

Premium Member
I guess on the iPhone in mobile mode you can’t upload so I had to request desktop mode.5FD40D81-FF2D-417F-ABD1-D2326CC7DF57.jpg3CEBD804-6DC9-44EA-A3A5-BE39A9F9425E.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Tom, I see that. Good photos.:)

Thanks for sharing them, that will help others too!

Jake

Tom Law

Premium Member
Good I hope so! Forums are a great way for people like us to solve problems on our own. In my opinion this is a design flaw. I would had never guessed. It’s unfortunate parts are all so modular today. This causes high prices for repair, all for ease of installation and to reduce the number of sku’s For the supplier. I guess this day and age it makes sense. When my father was a kid they used to fix alternators by putting a new diode in. Today you exchange the entire alternator for a new one, $200-800 when it’s a 50 cent diode. Labor is to expensive and no one knows how to do anything anymore. For the DIY person I love the forums. I thank you for your help and happy to educate and help others!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I agree with you Tom 110%.

They are not build nearly as strong as they were in 1970's when a dishwasher sounded like a dishwasher, good and loud when the wash motors were rock solidly built!

Jake