• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED JDB4000AWW Jenn-Air dishwasher stopping mid cycle

AndrewVT

Premium Member
Model Number
JDB4000AWW
Brand
Jenn-Air
I am having trouble with my dishwasher and wanted to know if you could help me trouble shoot the problem. The dishwasher starts and fills with water. Once full, it tries to start the wash cycle but only runs for about 5 seconds. It tries to start the wash cycle 3 times, then stops and shuts off without draining. If I start a new cycle right after and then cancel it prior to filling, it drains completely. After having this happen several times, I pulled the dishwasher out from the cabinets. Once pulled out, the dishwasher is sloping towards the front because of the way the legs are adjusted. When the dishwasher is run out of the cabinet sloping forward, it will run the wash cycle for about 15 minutes prior to shutting off, still without draining. Do you have any suggestions for what is wrong? Thanks for your help with this problem.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

When the wash motor stops, still getting power to the motor?...if yes...

Circulation-Pump-Motor-6-919922-00677066.jpg LINK> Wash motor assembly with seal

If no power when the wash motor quits...could be loose wire/wire plug or more common a bad board.

-Sounds- more like the wash motor may be shutting off on it's built in safety/thermal switch.

jeff.

AndrewVT

Premium Member
Jeff, thanks for the quick reply. I am able to start the dishwasher again as soon as it shuts down, so I am assuming the motor is still getting power. Also, the motor tries to start 3 times prior to shutting down. Is there a good way to check if it is losing power other than trying to start it immediately after shutting down? Where would I check for the loose wires/plug? I am trying to narrow down the issue prior to spending $200 on the new motor assembly. Thanks again for the help.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Is there a good way to check if it is losing power other than trying to start it immediately after shutting down?

Volt meter on the motor leads. I believe yellow and blue.

Where would I check for the loose wires/plug?

Motor plug would be a good idea, wires where the door bends to open and close s they sometimes break there.

so I am assuming

Assuming isn't normally a good idea ;)

jeff.

AndrewVT

Premium Member
Thanks Jeff. If the motor is cutting off because of the thermal switch, does the entire motor assembly need to be replaced? Sorry for all the questions, just making sure I understand the problem correctly.

AndrewVT

Premium Member
Jeff, I received and replaced the motor and it is still doing the same thing, shutting off after trying to cycle several times. Can you walk me through what tools I need to diagnose if it the control board or some other part that is bad? Also, where do I need access on the dishwasher to run the test. Thanks again for the help.

UncleMoe

Premium Member
Andrew,
I have the exact same problem with my Jenn-Air dishwasher. I see that after replacing the wash motor, you still have the same problem. Were you able to fix your dishwasher and if so, what was the problem? Thank you.
UncleMoe

AndrewVT

Premium Member
We replaced the control board and that solved the problem for us. I ended up sending the motor back, and it has been fine for the past few months.

UncleMoe

Premium Member
I found another discussion regarding the same issue, where they went through exactly what you did and finally replacing the control board solved the problem. Thank you for your reply and confirmation of the solution with the control board. My control board is on its way and hopefully that will fix our issue as well.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sorry Andrew, Jeff must of accidentally missed your last reply back in August.

Glad the new control board fixed it.

They make 2 different control boards for the Jenn-Air model JDB4000AWW depending upon the first 2 numbers in the serial#.

If your dishwasher serial# starts with 18 or under: Manufacturer's Number: 99003160

If your dishwasher serial# starts with 19 or above: Manufacturer's Number: 12002709

UncleMoe, I assume you have the same exact model as Andrew, so that would apply to you as well.

Jake

UncleMoe

Premium Member
Jake,

I worked with the manufacturer rep to make sure I order the right control board. It's already been shipped and hopefully, will take care of my problem. Thank you for your follow up.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks for the update UncleMoe.

Jake