• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

JDB8200AWS3 JENN-AIR Dishwasher not drying

DanQ

Premium Member
Model Number
JDB8200AWS3
Brand
Jenn-Air
Jenn-air dishwasher cleans but doesn't dry dishes Not sure if related but ran diagnostics and came up code 8-1 .... which is slow drain ? Ran a cycle after and it shut down after wash , pressed resume and precision dry light came on but shuts off within a few seconds .
Dan

Added complete model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Dan,

JBD8200 does not pull up as good, please recheck it. The model number tag is located inside the door on the tub frame.

Jake

DanQ

Premium Member
Argh , I am trying to help a friend as she has had an appliance repairman here 3 times and still the same problem .
JDB8200AWS3 . Getting very expensive at $250 a visit and doesnt dry Thank you for the reply Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Dan!

This time run the SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS CYCLE, and let it run all the way through to reset it back to default.

Entry sequence: Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses. NOTE: Some models have replaced the “Clean” LED with “Completed.”
The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

--->Invoking Service Diagnostics clears all status and last run information from memory and restores defaults. It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle.

LET IT RUN ALL THE WAY THROUGH: Service diagnostic cycle will take about 23 minutes.

Do that, and report back.:)

Jake

DanQ

Premium Member
Ok , done this . This time flashing lights . Now running a normal wash cycle to see if it works .

DanQ

Premium Member
Ok , it started fine , filled with water etc .... then shut off . No lights on , did not drain .

Dann

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Dan,

Can you get it to drain if you press the cancel button?

The problem sounds like your control board.

I Checked your owners manual warranty, you have a 5 year warranty on that control board. Contact Jenn-Air to send you one for free.

Here's the control board for your model:
W10813313 Cntrl-Elec

Jake

DanQ

Premium Member
Thanks Jake . She can at least tell the tech that this may be the problem as he has been 3 times now and unable to fix the problem . He has changed drain hoses and a couple of other things but it hasn't f8xed the problem . I am just visiting here or i would fix it .
She has also sold the house and needs to fix or replace the dishwasher and there are only 2 weeks left.
Anyhow .....thanks again you know your stuff, I will update when I know what happens.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Dan, glad to help.

Good that it drained when you pressed the Cancel button.

Jake