• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED JDB8200AWS3 Jenn-Air Dishwasher shutting off

mymichelle37@gm

Premium Member
Model Number
JDB8200AWS3
Brand
Jenn-Air
Jenn Air JDB8200AWS3 shuts off after several mins and won't drain. Replaced electronic control board but still doing same thing. Stays on a few min longer but shuts off. I notice that the indicator light flickers still too. But it's done that since I bought the house in April. And it used to work. HELP

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Possibly the door latch switch is starting to fail.

1. Open and close door, and then press Start/Resume key.
2. Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power.
3. Measure resistance of door switch contacts while checking mechanical operation of latch assembly.

Lets first check the door switch. Check the resistance of the door switch with a multimeter. Should be less than one ohm. High ohms=bad switch.

Here's the door latch switch assembly for your model you can order if yours is bad:
Door Latch WPW10653840

There is a video in the door latch switch part link that shows you how to remove it and replace it.

Jake

mymichelle37@gm

Premium Member
I will check this when I get home but this morning I physically removed the water and the DW started a cycle. When it got to first drain it would not drain and shut down again. Water coming in but not getting out.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you check for a clog in the drain hose? What I do is remove the drain hose from where it connects under the sink, then get a bucket or container and put the drain hose in the bucket or container and see if water comes out of the drain hose when it drains.

Does the drain pump run at all?

It's also possibly something stuck in the drain pump keeping it from running.

If no clog then its possibly your drain pump, if the pump doesn't kick in at all, I usually take a volt reading at the pump electrical terminals, to see if its getting 120 volts when the control board tells the drain pump to come on and drain.

Do you have a multimeter?

Here's the drain pump for your model:
Drain Pump WPW10531320

Jake

mymichelle37@gm

Premium Member
I'm buying a multimeter this morning. I hear a very low noise when it's time to drain but nothing comes out. Nothing. Is the drain pump where the water collects under that piece w the ball thing? Lol. Sorry, not too technical. I just want to put the multimeter at right place. You've been so helpful. Thank you.

Hi Jake. Update, I went under and pulled the drain pump and a bunch of broken glass came out. So I put the drain pump back on and was very excited to hear pump engage UNTIL I noticed the water all over my floor!! Did I do something wrong? I feel like I'm inching towards the resolution.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad you found the problem, and got the glass out of your drain pump.(y)

You don't have your drain pump on correctly and its leaking out.

Watch the video in the drain pump part link and it shows you how to put it back on properly.

Jake

mymichelle37@gm

Premium Member
Jake, I could kiss you!! I fixed it! After paying an appliance guy to misdiagnose it, and I bought elec board for nothing. The appliance guy told me I should just buy a new DW! He never even opened the bottom. Anyway, thank you so much!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad that was all it was!

A lazy appliance guy really sucks. LOL

That's why its always best to come here before calling the Lazy appliance guy. LOL

Thanks for the update!

Jake