• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED JDB8700AWP0 Jenn Air dishwasher - will not start cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdv325

Premium Member
Model Number
JDB8700AWP0
Brand
Jenn-Air
Recently my Jennair dishwasher (JDB8700AWP0) will not begin a cycle.

When I start any cycle and the blue light for washing will turn on but a second or two after I close the door the cancel/drain light shows up and the drain pump starts.

it will beeps a few times as if random keys are selected then gets stuck on the cancel/drain for a few seconds. Almost as if it rushes though all the programs. Can even hear the heater/fan running even though the cancel/drain light is indicated.

I've run the diagnostic program, initially was 8-1 and 8-2, replaced the drain pump even though the drain pump would always work. Added water to the bottom and it will pump out.

Now I'm getting 6-4 when I run diagnostics. Ive replaced the float level switch and water inlet valve. Still same result. Is there any way to reset the system other than power off? I don't find it runs through and completes the full system check even though new parts are installed.

I'm afraid it's the logic board, which i was hoping avoid replacing unnecessary.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, Your model has the problematic door vent that can cause this problem you are having.

Do this first--->Disconnect all the wire connectors to your door vent and see if it runs through a complete cycle.

Start reading what bigbuck said at post#18 here:

Your model uses the exact same door vent. If it runs through a complete cycle and everything is back to normal, then order and replace the door vent assembly.

Here it is for your model you can order:
WPW10469574 Vent

To access the vent assembly you will need a T-15 torx screwdriver: Remove 4 screws (long) across top of door, then remove 10 screws (short) on the sides, then the outer door panel pulls off.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

sdv325

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Thanks for the information and advice. I disconnected the two brown wires l to the door vent, unfortunately same issue remains. The control lights skip right to cancel/drain then off.

One difference is when the door vent was disconnected the system would attempt to start then cancel and the drain light would go out. I reconnected the vent and tried again, now the drain pump cycles 3 times and then the cancel/drain runs constantly till I open the door. Vent could be causing this fault, however still will not run any cycle (even rinse only)

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then it's possibly your control board that has gone bad.

I located another member with your same model and same problem and the new control board fixed his:

Here's the control board for your model you can order:
W10473197 Electronic Control Board

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

sdv325

Premium Member
Update on this case...

Received the control board part, installed. Good news is the system won't rush to cancel/drain. Bad part is the dishwasher doesn't actually start washing. Can hear things happening though. Left the new drain pump, water inlet valve and float switch installed.

Ran diagnostics again, getting 6-6 which I cannot find a code for. Diagnostics take a second to complete before a code flashes. Doesn't appear to be filling with water either, after a few minutes I open the door and no water In the tub but can hear a noise of some sort.

Thoughts?

I also disconnected the vent fan cables and attempted a cycle, same result of no water. When the door is open I hear a pump for fan running dry.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Reconnect the vent, that is not the problem.:)

The tub float is located on the right front side of your tub, remove the lower dishrack like you did in the video, If you move your tub float up and down do you hear it click? If no clicking, then ohm test that float switch for continuity. ALSO make sure nothing is stuck underneath your float.

Here's the tub float for your model:
Float WPW10195036

When you click the link to the float you will see a video of how to remove it.:)

Looks like they changed how to remove it, now you have to go from underneath and move the float stem out of the channel its in, then it will pull out.

It used to just pull out from the top without doing anything underneath it.:)

Here's the float switch for your model, when you click the link to it you will see 2 videos, 1 on how to access it, 1 on how to ohm test it:

If your float and your float switch are both good, You will need to check for 120 volts at the electrical connector that attaches to the water inlet valve. If your meter DOESN'T read 120 volts when it should be filling, then your control board is the culprit--->Yes, the new control board you got is defective, contact the place where you got it from and they will send you another.

Jake

sdv325

Premium Member
Thanks again for the suggestions.

I am able to hear a click from the switch when I move the float (new float switch was one the new parts installed). Float is also able to move freely and easily with no obstruction.

Moving on to the water inlet valve, which receives little power 15-16VAC showing.

Requested a new part already.

This is starting to get frustrating lol.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, 15-16 Volts AC is way too low.

So the new replacement board you get should fix it. keep us posted.

Jake

sdv325

Premium Member
New control board installed. Same Friggin issue. Water will not enter the dishwasher on any setting. 17V to 20V is the most I see. I installed the original float switch. The mechanical float system works fine, zero restriction and activates the electrical switch as designed.

I can hear the main circulation pump running. So I tried filling the tub with as much water as I could, it drained to a certain point... Then started to run and circulate water. As the cycle ran, water drained after the initial rinse however water did not fill back in when required and the circulation pump was running dry again.

Is it possible there is a short in the wiring somewhere that is causing the problem? Wiring harness?

I've tried killing the power, running diagnostic right away. Get the 6-4 and 6-6 codes right away

Last edited:

sdv325

Premium Member
Should also note that the part number of the new control panel is different. New part is W10461375 rev F. Existing is W10375793 Rev A. Most current part is W10473197.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very strange, then you must have a shorted or broken wire, check your wires.

Should also note that the part number of the new control panel is different. New part is W10461375 rev F. Existing is W10375793 Rev A. Most current part is W10473197.
The manufacturer has replaced part number W10461375 with part number W10473197.

Jake

sdv325

Premium Member
Well something as simple as the float switch electrical connection not completely making contact with the physical switch was the issue!

Made sure everything was properly seated and I hear water rushing in, success. Was reading that the water inlet valve will not receive power unless the float switch sends the right signal.

Only question remains was the main control board faulty or not. Though only a matter of time before it does eventually need replacing.

Thanks for the help Jake. Greatly appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear you found the problem.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.