• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

JDB8700AWS3 Dishwasher Control board fails

cndesu

Premium Member
Model Number
JDB8700AWS3
Brand
Jenn-Air
Hi,

I have purchased this dishwasher five years ago. By now I have replaced the control board four times. The trouble I see is, it does not start. First time I have replaced the pump assembly, heater, and even the top panel, then I found out the main control board is not working. After that I have replaced four times. One thing in common I have noticed, the main power line ( both line and neutral) to the board and also heater line wires are pretty glued to the black pad on the panel. I see lots of glue.

- Based on the W10543820B manual i see high temperature limit switch on the heater line but could not find physically?
- Any schematic or sketch of the control board diagram as I could not see any power to the top button panel? Any location of the fuse as I did not see any burning on the board.

Thanks in advance.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
.....limit switch on the heater line but could not find physically?
It's held to the tub with a clip and is inline with one of the element wires and looks like this:
heater t-stat.jpg

.....replaced the control board four times......replaced the pump assembly, heater, ....the top panel
At what point do you decide it might be time to replace it? I believe I would have replaced it at least two control boards ago.

cndesu

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply.

this part is not available in the parts menu from suppliers, will that be available if I have to buy?

I am replacing the control boards when the device do not start. And that is the time I see the wires glued to the black board onto the panel. I could not find any fuses on the board to check and see if I have to replace.

can we get the part # for the thermostat hi-limit switch so that I can order that piece?

rickgburton

Staff member

cndesu

Premium Member
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Glue means melting the black padding on the panel door and wires getting stuck to it by heat.

Thanks for the part#. Somehow I missed the tub and frame parts. I will check the old one and see if that is short. Can we adjust the switch temperature at which it closes or is it fixed?

Thanks

rickgburton

Staff member
Can we adjust the switch temperature at which it closes or is it fixed?
No, it's non adjustable. It's a normally closed high limit thermostat and opens at around 164°F (± 4°).