• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED JDP36G0V1AD GE range, serial begins with "DR...", how to tell if it is a 1996 or 2008 model??

MBKyle

Premium Member
Model Number
JDP36G0V1AD
Brand
GE
Hi! Help, please! I have an older GE electric range, and the serial number starts with DR, indicating it was made in either 1996 or 2008. It was used when we acquired it, and I have absolutely no idea which year it was made. Having problems with F3 code (for oven temp sensor) and trying to decide whether to attempt to repair it, or to just replace the whole range. If I can't even tell which year it is, how can I find a manual and/or part number (and cost of replacement part) and location (to determine if it is even something we could tackle ourselves.)
20200121_014029.jpg
20200121_014029.jpg

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Manufactured 1996 (I think) The oven sensor is mounted on the top of the back wall in the oven by the broil element with two 1/4" screws. Remove the two screws and pull the oven sensor and wires and connector through the hole. Disconnect the connector and remove the sensor. Use a meter to measure the resistance of the sensor. It should have about 1100 Ω at room temperature. I use my roll of black tape to keep the connector from falling back through the hole:
C-oven sensor.jpg

MBKyle

Premium Member
Rickgburton - thank you so much for your help! And the sensor is definitely the longer type you show in the picture. It is located near the upper right corner of the oven compartment.

Also HUGE THANK YOU for the tip about using the roll of black tape to keep the connector part from slipping back through to the back! I can definitely picture myself making the mistake of not securing that connector!! Such a simple tip to save so much aggravation - and time!
Oddly enough the oven turned on and heated up normally tonight (no F3 code, but I am sure it is on its last leg anyway.) Just my luck the sensor is one of the more expensive ones I saw (75 to 100 dollars, compared to some of the other GE sensors that are less than $20 😞) I will test resistance tomorrow and let you know what we decide (repair or replace the stove)
Thanks, again, for your help!