• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

JDR8895AAS Intermittent oven

KentZ

Premium Member
Model Number
JDR8895AAS
Brand
Jenn-Air
So I have dual electric/ gas range .... JDR8895AAS.

I have intermittent electrical issue, top electric oven keeps shutting down during warm up. I have pulled unit from wall, turned off power and pulled rear panel off. I’ve checked oven sensor and gotten 1100 ohms resistance so it appears it is not the sensor. What do I check next?

Thanks In advance

Kent

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member

KentZ

Premium Member
Temperature disspaears and the orange BAKE flashes a few times and then disappears. It takes a few minutes and then upon pressing another key it goes back to normal. Does not happen every time. I just repeated oven heating twice since shutting off power and it did not repeat. Would love to think I fixed it, but I know better.

I will note that the lower part of the screen for the lower oven is unaffected.

Thanks

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
sensor problem?

I just repeated oven heating twice since shutting off power and it did not repeat.
Maybe it was just an errand bit in the chip's programming?

I did find this about that error. Most of the causes reference the oven sensor. It of course would have to be tested at time of failure to catch it. Afterward its readings could change.

bake_flashes.jpg

To get the associated fault code to display, you might need to put it through a diagnostic cycle. How to do that should be listed in the unit's 'tech sheet' which is often in side the control console.

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

KentZ

Premium Member
That sheet is super helpful ... I was able to duplicate error this evening unfortunately. BAKE flashes, it later got locked up as described above. Given your tech sheet has BAKE FLASHING for issues with sensor, I might as well replace the sensor and see if that corrects the issue. That is heck of a lot less expensive than house service call or a new stove.

Thanks for your help.