• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

JDR8895AAS Jenn-Air dual-fuel double oven range Upper Oven Won't Heat Up

Hooter

Premium Member
Model Number
JDR8895AAS
Brand
Jenn-Air
I remodeled my kitchen and picked up a used Jenn-Air JDR8895AAS dual fuel double oven range. Everything works great on it except the upper oven. When I push bake and select the temperature and then press bake again, the preheat light comes on and then immediately goes off. I get a loud beep when this happens.

One minute after this the temperature light goes off and it flashes "bake" until I press cancel. Element does not heat up. It does the same thing in all of the settings: bake, broil, toast, and clean. I have tried turning off the power and turning it back on and resetting it back to factory settings.

I took the back panel off the stove and all wiring and connections look sound. Could it be the oven sensor? If so, how would I test it? I have a digital multi-meter and know how to check continuity. Any help would be appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ohm Test your oven sensor with a multimeter. Make the breaker to your range is off first, or unplug your range, you have to pull the range out from the wall and remove the back access panel to get to the oven sensor connector.

At room temperature the oven sensor should be between 1050 and 1100 ohms.

Here's the UPPER oven sensor for your model you can order if needed:
WP7430P044-60 Sensor, Oven

Let us know what you find.

If the oven sensor ohm tests good, then it has to be the clock oven control board that is the culprit.

Jake

Hooter

Premium Member
When I was testing the oven sensor, I took the two screws out and pulled on it a little to make sure I had the right plug. Tested it and it tested good (1088 ohms). Reattached the sensor and plugged it back in and put everything back together. I shut off the breaker to the range while I was testing everything. When I turned it back on, the top oven works fine now. Both elements heat up like they should. Could it just have been a bad connection or something?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Possibly yes, just keep your eye on it for awhile and see how it does.

Jake