• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

JDS1750EP Jennair Dual Range Oven won't heat up all the way

Thisisdatis

Premium Member
Model Number
JDS1750EP
Brand
Jenn-Air
I recently purchased a used Jennair dual-fuel range. When I set the oven to 400f on bake, it usually gets stuck around 345-375. If I set it to 500f, it will go past 375 but get stuck somewhere in the 400s.

Any ideas on what could be happening here?

The range model is JDS1750EP.

Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Are you using a analog oven dial thermometer in the oven? If so, Those analog dial type oven thermometers don't read the temperature in "Real Time", and does take about 15 or 20 minutes to "Catch Up" with your actual oven temperature.

The only way to get an accurate measurement of the oven temperature is with a digital multimeter and thermocouple.

Here's the one that I always use:
Digital Multimeter DM10T

Read what our tech bigbuck said here:

Jake

Thisisdatis

Premium Member
Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by the analog thermometer. That being said, it moves pretty quickly through the other temperature points, then gets stuck and stays there much longer than 15-20 mins.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
This is analog:

Lets first ohm test the oven sensor.

Watch this video to ohm test it:

Pull your RANGE out from the wall, then unplug it from the wall, then take back access panel off and you will see a connector that goes to it, remove the connector and ohm test it.

Here's the oven sensor for your model:
W10833885 Sensor

Jake

Thisisdatis

Premium Member
Thanks for that. I'm actually going based on the temperature it reads on the digital display. It stays stuck in "preheating mode".

I'll try to get to this in a couple of weeks - my partner will be delivering our first baby any day now, so taking care of the missus is the top priority before baby!

Thanks again

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm actually going based on the temperature it reads on the digital display. It stays stuck in "preheating mode".
Then its the control board that's malfunctioning, unfortunately its almost the price of a new range and "out of stock" everywhere I've checked:

I'll try to get to this in a couple of weeks - my partner will be delivering our first baby any day now, so taking care of the missus is the top priority before baby!
Ok sounds good, congratulations on the new baby!

Jake