• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

JDS9860AAP Jenn Air dual fuel shuts down

magden5

Premium Member
Model Number
JDS9860AAP
Brand
Jenn-Air
Hi. My Jenn Air was at first giving me F1 and F3 error messages and shutting down. I have since replaced the oven board control panel and no longer get the error message but shuts down at higher temps after awhile, over 400. I then replaced the oven temp sensor part and it STILL shuts down after about 15 minutes of it being on 500.
ANY help is greatly appreciated! I live on an island where the repair people charge 200 bucks just to show up!

Thanks so much!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

What's the part number of the clock oven control board you installed?

Jenn-Air makes 2 different clock oven control boards for this model depending upon the first 2 numbers of your range's serial number.

What is the serial number of your range?

So if your range's serial# starts with 17 or higher you would need to order this clock oven control board:
Oven Control Board 5760M302-60

If your range's serial# starts with 16 or lower you would need to order this clock oven control board:
Oven Control Board 5760M301-60

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What's your serial number?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yuppers, you will would need the first one I listed above.

Can you send it back from where you got it and tell them you need the other one?

Jake

magden5

Premium Member
How do I find out the exact part number? I wrote to them and they said that the part numbers that you had were, I guess, internal ones so they couldn't say if I had the right one or not. Does that make sense?
Thank you again!

Actually, this is what they said.....

Hello,
The numbers you are referring too are from Appliance parts pros and they are there internal numbers.
The Jenn-Air appliances are sometimes very confusing and inaccurate with part numbers.
That is a reason we only post number that is a on the actual board, so if your board number is different it will not work.
No problems to return it by opening a return request on eBay.
PLEASE state " Order by mistake or Doesn't fit " and we will refund you once receive it.
Thank you,
Pitron Electronics

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Actually, we only use OEM part numbers here.:)

I located the correct OEM part number per the Jenn-Air official parts list.:)

Jake

magden5

Premium Member
Oh wise one Jake,😀
So the board is correct because the stove they took it from had exactly that serial number, but NOW, not only is the stove still shutting down, it has added a beeping noise! Sweet.
My question next is the links that you sent, are they new parts? And do you think that is my problem, since I have replaced the board(albeit a used one) and the the F1 and F3 errors stopped and replaced the oven sensor. Can't really afford a new stove at the moment but don't want to keep pouring good money after bad. And may I mention repacking that control board was a LONG process!😀, mainly because our stove in an island and the wires are sooooo short.
happy to buy this part here if that may be the answer.
Thank you again for all your time!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, the links I posted above are brand new OEM parts.

Yes, that is the problem, and a used one will not fix it as you can see, it even made yours worse. :eek:

Can you get a full refund from those people you got the used one from?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Wonderful!

Keep us posted.

Jake