JDS9860AAP New relay board or new oven?

Kedwardsnc

Premium Member
Model Number
JDS9860AAP
Brand
Jenn-Air
Hi,
I have a Jennair gas range and electric stove (model JDS9860AAP).

While making pizza, I had the oven cranked to 450. I have done with without issue many times before. The F9 code came on and a warning signal sounded.

I went out and saw it had flipped the circuit to the oven. No other circuits had issues. I turned the power off then on, and the oven kicked up again, but it took over an hour to reach 300.

After reading forums and talking to people, I have done the following:
Had the voltage to the range changed to 40 (it was 30), replaced the bottom heating element, and finally, replaced the control board. A repair man told me it was the control board. However, last night after installing he new control board, the oven took an hour and still only got to 220.

I read on a forum about a relay board issue. My husband is ready to buy a new stove since it is 10 years old and he doesn't want to sink money into experimenting with parts since we arent sure that's the problem and the repairman last time was not correct, but I'm hoping there may be a more efficient solution.

Any thoughts? Should I look in to the relay board? Is it just shot and time for a new one? I was so hopeful the new control board would do it,

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Kedwardsnc

Premium Member
Thanks, Jake!
I saw that post was marked "Fixed." Who marks the issue as fixed, the poster or the forum admin?

I ask since the last comment the poster makes was "I hope this works."
Best, Kelly

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Kelly,

We post it FIXED if the person says that part FIXED it, and it did.:)

Jake

Kedwardsnc

Premium Member
Instructions

Hi Jake,

Thanks so much for your help! I've been trying to find instructions on how to change this part. It seems there is a panel on the back of the oven over the downdraft cover that houses this part. Is that correct? I've also seen people say it is in the control panel, which I assume they mean the main control panel, but that's in the front. I'm not sure where to head.

Could you help me at all with some instructions on how to change this part? Thanks for looking out for us!

Best, Kelly

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

TahoeJD

Hi- TahoeJD here-
I have this same problem with the same model range. I bought the relay- looked at page 25 of manual- opened up oven- saw the back of the control panel- but didn’t see the relay to change out. Put everything back together- fired oven up- still here the loud humming noise- and still not heating. Is there another relay I should change out?