• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

JDS9860ACP Jenn-Air Range burner clickers not clicking.....

pjstock

Premium Member
Model Number
JDS9860ACP
Brand
Jenn-Air
funny (not really) just last night I was marvelling at how much I loved this older Jennair range (gas burners, electric oven) that I got for peanuts and swapped in for our older VERY OLD Jennair oven.

and then today, I notice the gas burner clickers are not clicking.

I have read elsehwere here that some thing Jennair ranges are... problematic.
but I would like to keep this one and if I have to light it with matches, so be it.
BUT I would like to understand the problem as in my experience, otherwise No Longer Avaialble parts sometimes do pop up.

none of the clickers/ignitors on the 4 burners are clicking. so, what causes that?

(and I recall this happening about a month ago. and somehow it cleared itself up. but I cannot remember how that happened - whether I did something or if miraculously the clickers fixed themselves.)

but can you tell me the part that could be causing all four clickers to not click (do you like my precise technical language?)
If I cannot find it or troublesshoot it, will live with matches or a BBQ lighter. but I'd like to try.

pjstock

Premium Member
now I remember (I think) - I think the last time these clickers failed, it was because they got wet. and after they dried out they clicked again.
(does that make any sense?)
but I don't remember having any water on the cooktop recently....