• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

JEC9530ADB Cooktop Infinity Burner Temp Sensor

aerie99

Premium Member
Model Number
JEC9530ADB
Brand
Jenn-Air
I have a JEC9530ADB cooktop that I've had 2 replacements of the Infinity control/burner done. The current installation has the latest kit W10823734 which includes the control, burner , and Epic Sensor.
The burner isn't working again - and I've determined the problem is the temperature sensor (checked with meter - and also threw some resistors across the connector and the burner then turned on)

The problem is everytime I order the W10823734 - I get the right control - and the wrong burner - with no sensor - and actually no hole for the sensor in the burner. (I know Jenn Air is phasing out parts for this model)

Since W10823734 is an expensive kit anyway , for parts I don't need , I am wondering if anyone knows the specs for the temp sensor? I've heard that it is the same as the oven sensors? But I can't find a part number on it.
I've also found other standalone burners that come with temp sensors (which are much cheaper than the kit) and am wondering if anyone knows if they are the same - and I could just harvest it -
For instance: W10823724

Or then there's the oven sensors which kind of look similar: https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Temperature-Sensor/12001656/1364

If anyone can point me to some other burner or individual Epic sensor part number that would be compatible for this burner I'd greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks,

Mike

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I'm afraid I do not know the specifications of the sensor. The company at the following link shows the replacement element with sensor attached. Did you try ordering from them?

LINK > W10823724 Surface Element w\Sensor

Dan O.

aerie99

Premium Member
Thanks Dan - No , I didn't try ordering that because I'm not sure how I will tell if the sensor is really the same (other than connector and length) since there doesn't appear to be any model numbers on the sensor. (Since its a completely different burner - I was hoping to maybe harvest the sensor)
The "kit" that is supposed to have all the correct parts is this: W10823734 - you can see the sensor in the pic as well - but I keep getting the wrong burner in the kit. I suppose I can try ordering that somewhere else again and see if I get the right burner. To make it even more complicated, as referenced from the 10823734 instructions - there's two versions of the sensor with different connectors (black vs white wire - which you can see in your link vs mine) - I am also not sure if I can just splice in a sensor if the connector is different or if there is something else different about them. Was just hoping someone might know how universal these sensors are.

Mike

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I see what you're saying, sorry.

I'm afraid I don't know the specifications of the element sensor. I really doubt it's the same as an oven sensor but don't know for certain.

The connector isn't a large problem. If different than the original just cut them off and join the wires. That frequently happens with oven sensors as well.

Can you post a picture of the included instructions? They usually list the individual components contained in the kit.

aerie99 said:
Was just hoping someone might know how universal these sensors are.

I've never seen an element that has that additional sensor. It may be unique to top of the line Jennair models?

Dan O.

Last edited:

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Was just hoping someone might know how universal these sensors are.

Not all oven sensors are the same. There are at least 3 different styles I know of, each with different specifications. The most common oven sensors do have the same temperature/resistance specifications throughout the whole temperature range.

I did find a brief note about the sensor used on your model cooktop:
Jennair manual 16022159 said:
Temperature Sensor

Sensor resistance can be checked by disconnecting the sensor leads from the control and connecting an ohmmeter to the sensor. A resistance reading of approximately 1100 ohms should be indicated at ambient room temperature (75 F).

If a resistance of 0 ohms or infinite ohms is indicated. Replace the temperature sensor.

That is the same resistance value of the most common oven sensors. I however don't know if the other temperature/restistance values correspond as well.

LINK > Oven temperature sensor information

Dan O.

aerie99

Premium Member
Thanks Dan. I guess I'll just try ordering the kit from another vendor and see if I get a sensor, maybe the third time ordering will be a charm :) . If that doesn't work I'll try that standalone burner.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Why don't you contact them beforehand and ask them to confirm it? They have their catalog picture as a reference.

Dan O.