• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Jenn-Air Dishwasher JDB8910AWS Door Cable Assembly

nujer99

Premium Member
Model Number
JDB8910AWS
Brand
Jenn-Air
Heard a pop last night and sure enough came down this morning to find the diswasher door spring popped off on one side and the door now drops to the ground when opened. The assembly on one side is fairly straightforward with a white clip that goes onto the hinge and then attaches to the spring. On the other side its a little different. The parts I found detached were a spring, roller, and wire cable assembly. I located them in the diagram below (parts 12, 10, and a spring):

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 1.11.07 PM.png

However, I cannot figure out how these three parts attach. I tried the following and it seems correct but the pulley repeatedly comes shooting off when the door is opened and closed as there is nothing locking it in place. Outside of the diagram I found I cannot locate any info or videos on how these parts go together.

Dishwasher - 1.jpeg

If anyone has any experience with this assembly, please let me know. I'm out of ideas and would greatly appreciate any information.

Thank you.

nujer99

Premium Member
Think I might have figured it out. The pulley wheel seems go have gone bad as I believe its supposed to snap onto the holding post. I removed one from inside the dishwasher and tried it and it seemed to snap on and hold so I think a new wheel will do the trick.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I was going to suggest that. I have not worked on such a model but by looking at its shaft, it looks like it either takes a retaining clip of the roller might suppose to have a builtin clip to secure it. Maybe the roller is worn out?

99002189 roller shaft.jpg

LINK > Cable and Rack Roller # WP99002183

Dan O.

nujer99

Premium Member
Thanks Dan. I was originally thinking C-Clip as well. The parts drawing didn't show one so it definitely looks like a worn out wheel.