• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Jenn Air Double Oven JJW3830WS02 top oven will not heat up sufficiently, but the bottom oven heats up fine

AnyaG

Premium Member
Model Number
JJW3830WS02
Brand
Jenn-Air
We have a Jenn Air double wall oven where the top oven will not heat up sufficiently, but the bottom oven heats up fine. The elements, top and bottom, seem to produce some heat, but it would take oven an hour to get to any sufficient heat. It seems to have been getting slower and slower the past month or so.

We checked the top element and there are no obvious defects, and we used a multimeter and it appears to be working. As the bottom oven is hidden, we did not check it. What would cause both elements to have reduced heat production but not have any effect on the lower oven? I've done some research and was wondering if it could be the oven control board or the oven relay board.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Its possibly the Appliance Manager, that is the relay board that controls the upper and lower elements separately.

To verify that you'd need to take the oven out from the wall and get a multimeter and check for 240 volts at the UPPER OVEN BAKE ELEMENT and UPPER OVEN BROIL ELEMENT.

Double ovens are very heavy to move out, you'd need a helper to do it, if you decide to do it yourself. You'd also need something to slide the double onto when you pull it out from the wall.

Make sure you disconnect power to the double oven before pulling it out from the wall. Then remove the back access panel of the double oven, then you will see the UPPER OVEN BAKE ELEMENT and UPPER OVEN BROIL ELEMENT terminals coming out from the back of it.

Here's the Appliance Manager for your model:
WPW10292566 Electronic Control Board(Appliance Manager)

If your not able to do it yourself, its best to contact Jenn-Air to come at 1-800-536-6247 and do it for you.

Jake

AnyaG

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. The serviceman finally came today and thought it was a fuse. I told him that seemed unlikely as it didn't go all at once but slowly over time. I suggested the Appliance Manager per your blog and he then agreed that was more likely. Now he has to come back tomorrow with the part. If it is something else I'll let you know.

Anya

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
C-BI Oven Remove.jpg

AnyaG

Premium Member
Awesome! I'll know for next time. I already paid for the service call at this point so I might as well get him to finish it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Anya for the update, yes keep us posted after he replaces the appliance manager.

Thanks Rick for the ACCESSING PARTS DIAGRAMS that will help others too.:)

Jake