• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Jenn-Air JDB8200AWP3 Dishwasher won't finish wash cycle

Jeff Dee

Premium Member
Model Number
JDB8200AWP3
Brand
Jenn-Air
Recently, my Jenn-Air JDB8200AWP3 (bought brand new in 2014?) dishwasher won't finish a wash cycle. I first started noticing it when I'd run the dishwasher on the Normal cycle in the evening, and wake up to it still washing. I also tried the 1 Hour cycle and it does the same thing...the wash cycle will go on forever until I cancel it. It seems like it's in the wash cycle and never hits the rinse cycle because when I inspect it after 4-6 hours of running, the water is still partially soapy.

Based on reading the forums, here are some details and observations that usually get brought up:

- It's not leaking.
- The float assembly inside moves up and down freely, and you can hear an audible "click" when you lift the float
- It can still drain properly. When I cancel the wash cycle, when I select the Drain function, it drains the water out properly.
- I removed the drain pump to inspect it if it still turns freely/has anything stuck/broken...seems fine, cleaned it out, cleaned out both drain tubes, and reconnected
- Drain outlet to sink is not blocked
- There is water going into the dishwasher, and seems to be hot water.
- As far as I can tell, the washing arms seem to be moving. I sort of tested this by aligning all 3 washer arms at the beginning, and mid-cycle when I open the dishwasher, they're in a different position.
- The detergent container does open during the cycle

Two other random observations (might not be relevant to the immediate issue) were:
- at some points when I'd open the dishwasher during the cycle, it seems like nothing is happening. Inside it looks like everything is still...no splashing sounds, water is calm. Maybe this is normal(?)
- there is a quiet "tick" sound coming from under the dishwasher that happens about every 7 seconds. Don't know what it is? Could be a future problem, but I can deal with that later unless there is reason to believe this could be causing all the codes. I've attached the sound clip.

I ran the service diagnostic test (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) and let it complete the full calibration wash cycle (actually did this a few times) and I still get the same multiple error codes. Here is what the service manual behind the kick-plate says:

6-4 - Float Switch Open
9-1 - Diverted Can't Find Position
9-2 - Diverter Stuck On
10-1 - Dispenser Electrical Problem

Any help diagnosing this would help. Seems odd that I get all these codes as some of them don't make sense because they seem to be functioning. I don't want to start replacing part by part in trial and error if they're indeed still working.

Thanks!

Attachments

• dishwasher sound.mp4
    858.3 KB · Views: 41

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Jeff,

Sounds like you have 2 problems. The control board causing it to never stop running and the pump motor assembly per that noise I'm hearing when its washing.

Here's the control board for your model:
W10866118 Cntrl-Elec

That clicking sound is likely the diverter can't find position.

Here's the pump motor assembly including new diverter:
Pump and Motor Assembly WPW10605057

Jake

Jeff Dee

Premium Member
UPDATE:

So upon the advice of Jake, I was finally able to replace the control board and voila...it has worked ever since. I have been able to run the dishwasher multiple times now testing out the different wash settings, and it has successfully completed each wash cycle properly.

I'd say the issue has been fixed.

Thanks a lot Jake!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Jeff, glad to hear the new control board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake