• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Jenn Air JDB8700AWS3 starting and cycling down - blue light blinks 1x - starts again - repeat

Chris Guess

Premium Member
Model Number
JDB8700AWS3
Brand
Jenn-Air
My Jenn Air Dishwasher - It starts like normal for a minute...then the water swooshing stops, the blue light/control panel blink once...and it starts the process over again. It will do this endlessly until stopped and I have to manually hit "Cancel" for it to drain (which it oddly doesn't stop draining until the door is opened).

After doing a little searching...I thought it was the High Limit Sensor because it wasn't providing any reading for continuity. We ran the diagnostic and got the error codes 6,4 and 6,6. I decided to replace the High Limit Sensor and the Water Inlet Valve...and no dice.

I'm starting to think it's the Control Panel or Control Board...? Thoughts? I'm leaning towards the control board since the touch panel works fine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to keep replacing parts for not.

Thank you
Chris

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Chris,

Anytime you replace a part on these dishwashers you always have to run the SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS CYCLE, and let it run all the way through to reset it back to default.

Entry sequence: Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses. NOTE: Some models have replaced the “Clean” LED with “Completed.”
The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

--->Invoking Service Diagnostics clears all status and last run information from memory and restores defaults. It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle.

LET IT RUN ALL THE WAY THROUGH: Service diagnostic cycle will take about 23 minutes.

Do that now, and report back.:)

If that does not reset your dishwasher back to normal, OR it does not go through the 23 minutes diagnostics cycle and hangs up, read below:

There has been a problem with the door vent assembly that can cause this problem, our other tech bigbuck brought it to our attention. It has also been making the diagnostic mode go off kilter/hangs up, if yours is doing that--->then disconnect all the wire connectors to your door vent and see if it runs through a complete cycle.

Start reading what bigbuck said at post#18 here: FIXED: KUDE60HXSS5 KitchenAid Dishwasher Fills but then Shuts off

Your model uses the exact same door vent. If it runs through a complete cycle, then order and replace the door vent assembly.

Here it is:
WPW10469574 Vent

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Chris Guess

Premium Member
Sir...I might owe you a drink! The diagnostic ran a full cycle (I had no idea it was supposed to last more than a couple minutes)! I have ordered the part and it will hopefully be here Sunday. Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Chris, yes keep us posted.:)

Jake

Chris Guess

Premium Member
Jake Sir! You are awesome! That vent appears to be the culprit. I replaced it yesterday and ran the 1 hour wash cycle as a test...appears to have run fine! (knowing my luck, I'll get the dishwasher remounted and put all the covers back on and something else will break - but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it...)

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my post and point me in the right direction! I owe you one!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Chris, glad to hear the new door vent fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake