• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Jenn-Air JDS9860AAP Gas Range Turning Off After 15-20 Mins

2200TRS

Model Number
JDS9860AAP
Brand
Jenn-Air
Hello Everyone,

My Jenn-Air JDS9860AAP gas range turns off after about 15-20 minutes at 350+ degrees. The control board area gets really hot then it shuts off. The issue is the cooling fan is not turning on and the board over heats. I have changed the motherboard/display, temperature sensor and cooling fan and nothing has changed. Before I changed the motherboard I use to get an F1 code. Now I get no codes it just shuts off. Is there a relay between the board and the fan I can change?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
The control board area gets really hot then it shuts off.

Are you certain the board isn't damaged?

Is there a relay between the board and the fan I can change?

There appears to be a thermostat in series with the cooling fan motor. I believe it is the following part but is discontinued. I do not know where on the range it is actually mounted. There could also just be a problem in it's wiring.

LINK > Fan Switch 74004098

I'm afraid I do not know and can't read its temperature specifications in any pictures of it I've seen. If you can post a picture of the original's numbers, I might be able to trace it to a possible substitute.

Dan O.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.