Jenn-air JDS9860AAP Oven won't turn on

chuckr

Premium Member
Model Number
JDS9860AAP
Brand
Jenn-Air
My Jenn-air's oven won't turn on. I set the oven function (bake, broil, or convect) and the temperature. I hear the relays clicking (once for element start, a few seconds later for fan) but the element stays cold and the fan doesn't go on.

I'm pretty sure a relay in the control board has gone bad (probably because we use too much soap/water when cleaning the stove top and some got in there and shorted something out).

Is there any way I can test which relay or relays are bad? (I have a nice multimeter and the schematic for the control board.)

Failing that, does anyone know where I can get a new control board? The schematic is labeled "PART NO. 8104P962-60". I'm attaching a link to pictures of the front panel and the board if that helps.

jenn-air JDS9860AAP - Imgur

Thanks!

Chuck R.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Chuck,

Yes, you'd need a new control board. As techs. we could only order parts per the manufacturers parts list, and unfortunately relays on control boards are not listed separately on the board itself to purchase.

Jenn-Air makes 2 different control boards for this model depending upon the first 2 numbers of your range's serial number.

So if your range's serial# starts with 17 or higher you would need to order this control board:
Oven Control Board 5760M302-60 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

If your range's serial# starts with 16 or lower you would need to order this control board:
Oven Control Board 5760M301-60 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Are you absolutely sure that board is for your model?

I don't see that board listed on your model. Just the ones I posted above.

Where are you getting those different part numbers from?

Jake

chuckr

Premium Member
I originally went through the Sears parts site:
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Jenn-air-Parts/Range-Parts/Model-JDS9860AAP/1266/0122008/M0606015/00005?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=

and 74006363 was listed as one option for the electronic control.

I then went to:
Jenn Air Range/Stove/Oven Model JDS9860AAP Parts from RepairClinic.com

and went through every page of parts. Towards the end of the list there was a link to 74009318, which looks to be an exact match for what I pulled out of my unit.
Of course now I don't see it there any more on the list of parts, but I'm sure it was there yesterday...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I went to Sears also and #5 and #5B says the exact same numbers I listed above.

I double checked RepairCinic and don't see that one listed for your model, you can call RepairClinic to double check if you like.

Jake

chuckr

Premium Member
Yeah, you're right Jake - it's like the site changed from Sunday night to Monday morning as I can't seem to recreate the path I took to get to that parts page.

But I did find a page that's labeled:
"Jenn Air Range/Stove/Oven Model JDS9860AAB Circuit Board & Timer Parts"

Jenn Air Range/Stove/Oven Model JDS9860AAB Circuit Board & Timer Parts from RepairClinic.com

and

Jenn Air Oven Won't Heat - Model JDS9860AAB - Repair Parts - RepairClinic.com

which shows the two boards which are closest to mine. From visual inspection, I really see that 74009318 is an exact match for what I have. I'll know for sure once it ships in early April.

Thanks again for your guidance and I'll report back with my results so as to help others in the future.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Chuck, sounds good, yes keep us posted.

Jake

chuckr

Premium Member
Just to follow up here, I received the control board:
Oven Control Board 74009318 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

and yes, it's was an exact match for my failed board. All the wires and connectors lined up fine and I was able to easily swap it in. The bad news is that is didn't fix the problem.

When setting the oven to 'Bake', you hear the relays clicking, but the circulating fan in the back of the oven barely moves and the elements don't turn on. It's pretty clear that the fan in the back has a problem, which I didn't catch on my initial diagnosis - but is that enough to keep the elements from turning on? Is there another set of relays somewhere else in the oven that I should check on?

I'll poke around some more.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member