• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Jenn Air JES9750AAW F1-8 fault

kendall221

Model Number
JES9750AAW
Brand
Jenn-Air
I have a Jenn Air range JES9750AAW (serial 17154853CP) that is giving me an intermittent F1-8 fault. I can turn off the breaker and turn it back on and the fault goes away for awhile, and the oven will preheat and hold temperature, but then the fault comes back and the oven shuts down. I have been looking to replace the control panel assembly and it appears that black is the only color available. While doing some more research, I was told that the problem was most likely the control board (74007225) instead of the control panel assembly.

In looking at several posts on this forum, I see other instances of F1-8 faults that were fixed with the replacement of the control panel assembly. Is there a way to determine which part is the culprit? If the issue is the board, then I have to try to get it repaired by one of the repair services like CoreCentric Solutions since it is also discontinued.

thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

F1-8--->Shorted key (pad) in membrane switch.
This is what the tech data sheet says--->Ensure ribbon cable is securely connected, inspect ribbon cable and connector (shorts, breakage, corrosion, etc.). If OK, replace control board.

Yes, the WHITE one is No Longer Available, the BLACK one is in-stock:
Control Panel Assembly (blk) WP74005745

Here's the control board for your model:
WP74007225 Clock W/harness

Here's the repair manual for your model, page 20 tells how to remove the control panel: www.applianceblog.com/manuals/16025927.pdf

Turn the breaker off to your range first.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.