• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Jenn Air JES9900BAB Electric Smoothtop Downdraft Slide-In Range is driving me crazy!

DShuler

Model Number
JES9900BAB
Brand
Jenn-Air
We have a 10 year old Jenn-Air JES9900BAB electric smoothtop downdraft slide-in range that keeps getting worse and worse by the day.
When using the touchpad, some buttons no longer respond. 1st, the vent on/off button stopped working, then not long after that, the setup button to set the clock stopped working as well. This evening while my wife was cooking dinner, she had one of the eyes going at the same time she was trying to bake at 350. After the oven preheated to 350.. it decided to randomly shut itself off in the middle of cooking. This apparently has happened several times, when we go to check on the food, and find it shut itself off. Also, need to replace the light inside the range, but not sure where it is or what it takes.

I have already reset the breaker, left it off for 15 minutes, power back on to see EE-214 M-214, but not sure if those are legit error codes, or how to get to the legit error codes.

not sure where to begin with this one. I'm pretty tech savy as i'm an IT guy by trade, so swapping out parts is not difficult for me. just hoping someone with experience can point me in the right direction before i take this thing out back and smash it to pieces with a sledgehammer ;)

thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Snapshot_2.jpg
Press the Setup pad, then press the right ATM pad until SERVICE displays.

Press the left ATM pad to select SERVICE menu options.

Press the right ATM pad to scroll to CONTROL RESET.

Press the left ATM pad to select CONTROL RESET, then press the left ATM pad again to reset the control logic.

Press Setup to exit.

If that doesn't work use the diode function on your meter to test the keypad. Here's the keypad matrix:
Snapshot_1.jpg

WPW10206067 Panl-Cntrl