• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

Jenn-Air JMV8208AAS - no power

jcz

Premium Member
Model Number
JMV8208AAS
Brand
Jenn-Air
Good morning,

I have a 13 year old Jenn Air over range microwave (30 inches). Using it yesterday and it just stopped functioning, no power. Nothing on the display. I thought I somehow tripped a breaker but checked them all and nothing was wrong.

Took it out this morning to see if there was some kind of reset or fuse I could check. Only found one fuse (20A) located at the top right of the unit but I can't tell if it is blown. I am going to replace it this morning and see.

Any ideas? Anything else I can check? Thank you.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I'm sure the fuse is open. You're going to need a DMM that can measure volts and ohms. The fuse does occasionally wear out but usually something happens to blow the fuse. Check the door switches for continuity by opening and closing the door.