• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

Jenn Air microwave doesn't heat---turntable doesn't turn

masterclean5

Premium Member
Model Number
JMC8127DDB
Brand
Jenn-Air
Hi Everybody,
Thanks in advance for your help. I greatly appreciate it. My Jenn aire Model# jmc8127ddb does not activate(heat food) or turn the turntable when I press the cook button. The light does go on and the timer does count down. What might this be?

From other research here, I found that it might be a bad door latch.(Where the 2 prongs enter the main unit from the door, only one side has a part that will be depressed when the door is closed; the other side doesn't. I'm thinking the side "where it doesn't" may have a broken part.)

Thank you again, Kent

masterclean5

Premium Member
microwave 2.jpgmicrowave 3.jpgSorry these pics are sideways but as you can see, the first pic shows something for the door latch to depress(make contact with...), the second pic shows an empty space, nothing to depress. Hope this helps

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

the first pic shows something for the door latch to depress(make contact with...), the second pic shows an empty space, nothing to depress
Correct and normal....one pushes in, one goes in and drops in place.

Definetly check door switches, door switch mechanism, door key ( the hooked part ).

Micro-Switch-3B73362F-01053786.jpg Micro switch, normally open Manufacturer Number 3B73362F

[video=youtube;BlAcB5rJugI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BlAcB5rJugI[/video]

jeff.