• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Jenn-air Microwave JMC8100ADB Ordered a “Sanyo 2M219H BA” magnetron, but they sent a “QBP 2M248H(FN)”


Premium Member
Sep 11, 2022
Model Number
6-10 years
Hello! I have a Jenn-Air model # JMC8100ADB. It looks like the magnetron is kaput. Reason: it stopped working. I replaced the fuse, started it up again, and it made an extremely loud buzzing sound, then died again.

The info PRINTED on the original magnetron is Sanyo 2M219H BA with the numbers "1J26IY" printed below it.

The "Repair Parts List" for my microwave (model number JMC8100ADB) lists the magnetron as part number "58001218".

I did a Google search for "magnetron" and "2M219H BA" and "58001218" and found a company called Edgewater Parts that was selling "Edgewater Parts 58001218, WP58001218 Magnetron For Whirlpool Microwave Oven."

I figured that this must be the same as the Sanyo 2M219H BA. It looked similar in the photo. So I bought it.

When it arrived, I opened the box, and what they actually sent me was a QBP 2M248H(FN) with the numbers "1720 33" and "39" printed below it.

Is this the proper replacement for the original Sanyo 2M219H BA?

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at this.

It appears to be similar enough to use yes.
Original is now NLA.

jeff sr.
Thanks so much! I figured it was.

So just five minutes ago I installed it. Replaced the diode. Replaced the fuse (again). Turned it on. Loud buzzing for one second, then silence. No panel lights. Fuse blew again.

I feel like an idiot. Since the fuse blew, it really couldn’t have been the magnetron, could it? What a dumb move.

Well, I might as well keep trying. BTW, it there a good home-use multimeter you could recommend? I wouldn’t know where to check for the problem, but it looks like YouTube shows you the basis of checking continuity, etc.

Thanks again for your help.
Check the high voltage capacitor for being shorted.

LINK> High voltage capacitor

jeff sr.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.