Jenn Air oven shuts off.

nyrend

I have a Jenn Air SVE47500W free standing electric. I am about at the end of my rope with this range. I have had service personal out twice already. Once to repair the self clean feature and once 2 weeks later for the self clean feature again. This little visit from them cost over $200 the first time and when i was told it would be another $200 i told them that i can handle cleaning the stupid thing myself. I thought that i would be set for a while. I have now ran into a new problem, when i turn the oven on (any temp) it will preheat as normal. However after reaching the desired temp the oven will shut off and not turn on again till cooled all the way down. After the repair bills for the previous repairs i will not call them again. I am attempting the repair myself. If i am not able to repair this thing it is going to the big kitchen in the sky. I would appreciate any help anyone can give. Thanks for your time. The unit has not shown any error codes as of yet. Thanks again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the parts diagram for your model:
SVE47500W
Diagram#6 part location#12 is your oven sensor, I would first use an ohm meter to ohm that. It should read 1100 ohms at room temperature, if it does then the problem is in your control board in Diagram#4 part location#3

Unplug or turn the breaker off to your range first before testing that sensor, pull your range out from the wall, and take the back panel off to access it.

Jake