Jenn Air Oven SVE47500B oven light and fan stay on continuously.

Phil413

Premium Member
Model Number
SVE47500B
Brand
Jenn-Air
I have a 14 year old Jenn Air SVE slide-in oven/range that recently malfunctioned. The clock display was too dim to view, but, all other aspects of the cooktop and oven were functional. I called in a service tech to fix the clock and when he disassembled the keypad/switch membrane the communications ribbon malfunctioned (probably due to brittleness, as it was doubled over inside the cramped space, and looked slightly discolored like a creamy white in the area of the fold).

This problem caused the cooling fan to stay on continuously so the tech elected to cut the wire to stop it from running, then sealed it off with a wire nut. I told him to wire it back and I'd just keep the breaker off when the oven/range was not in use, so he did. But not only did the fan run continuously at that point, the keypad now didn't work the controls to bake/oven properly (cooktop controls were fine).

As a result of that, he replaced the clock assembly as well as the keypad switch membrane, which allows the oven to function correctly again but the fan and oven light still stay on continuously. He phoned some help and was told that the newly replaced switch membrane was probably also bad, so he's going to order another one and hope that fixes the fan/oven light issues. I doubt that's the fix, but would like advice from y'all.

Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Phil413

Premium Member
Very interesting, but it sounds like your relay board in the back of your range is bad as well causing this.

Hate to see you invest all this money into a 14 year old range.

Here's the relay board for your model:
Jake

Thanks for the reply. I hate it too, but, the only horse in town currently manufacturing and selling downdraft slide-in units is Jenn Air, and the new replacement for it is $2300. If I went with a traditional overhead vent and stove I'd also have a significant amount of money in the retooling of my kitchen for such a redesign.

One other thing I forgot to add to the OP was that the downdraft fan keypad still does not function at all. The downdraft fan will come on however, but only when you turn the griddle burners on the cooktop. Don't know if this makes your opinion change any. Are you fairly confident that the problem sounds like a circuit board/timer issue? I hate to throw good money after bad, but if that would fix it I'd still have less than $800 in it, and hopefully it would last another <HOLDING class=inlineimg title="Big Grin" alt="" border="0" src="http://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif" :D> decade.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I'm sure.:)

We have a special program here, all parts you order from our links we post are returnable within 365 days for a FULL refund if they don't fix the problem.

Jake

Phil413

Premium Member
Yes, I'm sure.:)

We have a special program here, all parts you order from our links we post are returnable within 30 days for a FULL refund if they don't fix the problem.

Jake

That certainly seems more than fair. I'll have to talk to the lady now to see if she want to put more money into it.

I tried to do the "thanks" thing at the link in the bottom of the screen, but it said I don't have such perks yet.

Thanks again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thats fine, thanks.:)

Jake