• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Jenn-Air PRG3610LP dual burner range not working properly

Eric D

Premium Member
Model Number
PRG3610LP
Brand
Jenn-Air
Hello,

I am new to the forum, but have found some helpful information already. Thank you. Here is my question: My Jenn-Air 36 inch gas range has two dual burners that are no longer working properly. In reading this forum and in taking it apart, it appears that the dual burner and the spreader have warped causing the flames to be uneven and out of control. This then triggers the igniter to run continually. I tried my local appliance shop and they said that the parts are no longer available from Jenn-Air, which I also confirmed by calling the manufacture. I have also searched every appliance store on google and everyone states it is out of stock. So . . . does anyone know if I have any options other than to buy a completely new range to the tune of $6,000? It seems insane to me that a range that cost this much 10 years ago is now unrepairable?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Eric

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I remember reading that some of the early Jenn-Air Pro (and GE Monagram) gas models were made by DCS. You can try contacting them or one of their dealers with photos of the burner(s) in question to see if they recognize them.

I believe this is the kit that was the final replacement for the original burner base.

WPW10169413_burner_kit.jpg

Although, even if DCS did make it for JA that burner could have been added by JennAir them self or even just be a unique feature found only on JA models.

Here are some of the JennAir burner designs over the years:
oc-ranges-diagram2.jpg

Good luck!

Dan O.

Last edited:

Eric D

Premium Member
Thank you so much for your helpful reply. Your first picture is EXACTLY the part. I will do some more digging with DCS. I've also wondered if I could retrofit the whole unit with the second type of burner. From my initial inspection, it looks like the front and rear burners are connected and would need to be replaced together.

Any idea if this retrofit could be done?

Thanks again for your help!

Eric

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Any idea if this retrofit could be done?

The very RH front and rear burner unit might have been able to installed in place of those burners but that would require buying every part, every nut, every screw, everything, to duplicate it. It was never sold as 1 assembly. And the main panel that the burners mount on, is not available so that's a non-starter.

Maybe try to find a used range you can rob for parts. As near as I can tell there were only 6 models that used those burners so finding another is pretty unlikely.

Dan O.