• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Jenn-Air Refrigerator JFFCC72EHL01 Service Mode?

PrimeYoda

Premium Member
Model Number
JFFCC72EHL01
Brand
Jenn-Air
Hi,
I am the proud-ish owner of a brand new JennAir fridge, which does not refrigerate. It never has, since being delivered and installed. (to be fair it is a floor model). Dealer sent repair service and the motherboard (or part of it) needs replacing. Part was not available, so after a month of no arrival, JennAir will provide a new fridge. Awesome! delivery time 8-14 weeks. Less awesome...The tech established that my current fridge 'works', or can work, because it cooled in "service mode" or "tech mode". That mode however reverts back to normal in some time, hour(s), and the fridge stops cooling. Does anyone know if I can let it run in tech mode, for longer? a bypass? a hack? Any help would be much appreciate. I'm not mad at the brand or the fridge...just looking to solve a logistics problem for a time period. I appreciate your help.

Added complete model number

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbuck

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Possible in show room mode.
This mode is used when the refrigerator is on display in a retail store or if you want to turn the cooling off and deactivates all other functions except interior lighting. Showroom mode can be used when going on vacation, see “Vacation and Moving Care” section for proper steps on leaving your refrigerator in this mode for long periods of time.
If you turn on Showroom mode, the word “Showroom” will light up on the display. Enter or Exit Showroom mode by pressing and holding °F/°C and Drawer at the same time for 3 seconds.
NOTE: Empty ice maker if refrigerator is going to be turned off for an extended period of time.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 6.44.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 6.44.30 PM.png
    326.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 6.59.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 6.59.14 PM.png
    156.4 KB · Views: 61

PrimeYoda

Premium Member
Hi Bigbuck, thank you! I am interested in the basically "the opposite". The service person already made sure it is not in Showroom mode. When he puts it in "normal/operating" mode, it actually stops cooling. In the process of checking things out, he figured out that if he puts it in Service Mode, or Technician Mode (i forget what he called it) the compressor, etc, actually starts up and starts working. When he sets the fridge in "normal" mode, it stops again. So what I am after, if you know how, is - how can i set it to Technician Mode and leave it like that, until the new fridge shows up. Thank you. I apologize if I was unclear.

G

What is your full model #?
JFFCC72EHL01 or 02

Strange JA will replace the unit rather than repair. Especially under warranty. Have a factory certified tech come out and make sure they call tech line while there. It may not happen if JA is replacing the unit but worth a shot

Dealer's tech may not be fully trained / certified

Push and hold REFRIGERATOR and FREEZER - buttons for 3 seconds. Display will count down 3 2 1 then beep to indicate service mode

Do the same to go back to normal mode or reset power to unit

The tech would need to scroll to cooling mode test to run the compressor and fans

Many things could cause this issue. Something as simple as a faulty door switch. Do you get a door open indicator?

PrimeYoda

Premium Member
hi Laser,
I appreciate the reply. The full model number ends in 01.
My understanding, which may be limited, is that one of the parts is on backorder to the point of no ETA. I think that is what is driving the decision. (though I am speculating somewhat). There is no door open indicator; or other heads up. Do you believe/know, whether I can leave it in service mode, and I mean, for weeks at a time? The idea is, i would rather have this fridge than a loaner half the size. Though I appreciate I am splitting hairs to some degree. I appreciate your views.

G

No unit will revert to normal mode after a few minutes of inactivity

There is a control wiring sensor issue here

Try to get a factory certified JA tech schedule thru JA. Call tech line while there