• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Jenn Air Refrigerator Model/Serial JFC2087HRS/10208490EX warm refrigerator section

mhsu_2000

Premium Member
Model Number
JFC2087HRS
Brand
Jenn-Air
post ten year ago

got warm refrigerator section and ice buildup on back at the freezer on my Jenn Air Refrigerator Model/Serial JFC2087HRS/10208490EX , replaced the control board Dec 2020.
using the part was ordered from Amazon
amazon.com/gp/product/B07CWG3T5Y

found refrigerator section not cold anymore since last week. and ice buildup on back at the freezer, but not too much yet.
let freezer and refrigerator door open for a day, all ice melt/drained,

then run service test at room temperature

Service Test 1: Defrost Thermostat & Defrost Circuit Test
freezer indicator= 1; Refrigerator indicator either blank or "O", at toggling Refrigerator Up button, i.e, the defrost thermostat Open

Service Test 2: Compressor/Condenser Fan Test
freezer indicator= 2; Refrigerator indicator either "O" or "F", at toggling Refrigerator
Up button, but no effect on Compressor/Condenser Fan, no sure about compressor
but the fan is keeping running at the toggle between "O"/"F".

Service Test 3: Evaporator/Freezer Fan Test
freezer indicator= 3; Refrigerator indicator either "O" or "F", at toggling Refrigerator
Up button, and I can hear the fan is on and off accordingly, i.e. the test passed

Service Test 4:Fresh Food thermistor Test
freezer indicator= 4; Refrigerator indicator either "blank" or "P", at toggling Refrigerator Up button,

Service Test 5:Freezer thermistor Test
freezer indicator= 5; Refrigerator indicator either "blank" or "P", at toggling Refrigerator Up button,

Service Test 6:Open Damper Test
freezer indicator= 6; Refrigerator indicator either "O" or "C", at toggling Refrigerator Up button, I can hear the noise sound at the toggling.
after set Damper open, go back to Service Test 3: Evaporator/Freezer Fan Test, air blows into refrigerator section.

afterwards, closed all the doors and let it run overnight w/ default setting 4 for both freezer and refrigerator
then run service test at cold temperature

Service Test 1: Defrost Thermostat & Defrost Circuit Test
freezer indicator= 1; Refrigerator indicator either blank or "S", at toggling Refrigerator Up button, i.e, the defrost thermostat shorted (closed)

Service Test 6:Open Damper Test
freezer indicator= 6; Refrigerator indicator either "O" or "C", at toggling Refrigerator Up button, I can hear the noise sound at the toggling.
after set Damper open, go back to Service Test 3: Evaporator/Freezer Fan Test, air blows into refrigerator section.

look like all hard-ware test ok, Should I go ahead to change the control board ?

Thanks

Ming

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
ice buildup on back at the freezer, but not too much yet.
Did you remove the back panel inside the freezer to look at the evaporator coil frost pattern?

Put a freezer thermometer in the freezer and tell us what it reads in 2 hours, lets make sure the freezer is getting down to 0 degrees first.

Did you ohm test the heating element?

If the heating element and defrost thermostat ohm test good, and the entire evaporator coil is thick with frost build up on it, then yes the JAZZ control board is bad.

Don't order parts from amazon, they only sale aftermarket parts that don't last as you can see.

Here's the OEM JAZZ control board for your model you can order here:
WPW10503278 Electronic Control Board

jAKE

mhsu_2000

Premium Member
Thanks, jAKE

it have been three times for getting non-cold refrigerator chamber and getting it fixed by replacing the jazz board in past 12 years. Bet it is the same
issue this time. I didn't do the measurement/test on heating element and defrost thermostat ohm except run service test from Jazz board.
and installed newly re-ordered jazz board this afternoon, will see any ice/frost buildup at the back of freezer in coming weeks.

ming

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok ming, That's why you are always suppose to use OEM parts, I've replaced hundreds of these JAZZ boards ONLY ONCE when I use OEM parts, not 3 times with aftermarket parts.:)

Jake

mhsu_2000

Premium Member
my Jenn-Air refrigerator is 15 years old now, so far all things work fine except that Jazz board, it has been four times to replace it for fixing non-cold refrigerator chamber issue.

mhsu_2000

Premium Member
Jake,

the freezer's drain is controlled by Jazz board ?
There is something like so called 'drain grommet' as I saw at

but this time I didn't see much ice build-up around the drain when refrigerator chamber was warm due to no cold air blow-in.

ming

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
the freezer's drain is controlled by Jazz board ?
No, it is not.

Just flush it out with hot water and bleach if its starting to clog up.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help ming.

Jake