Jenn Air stainless fridge doesn't match other Jenn Air appliances

tmann0619

Premium Member
I just installed 4 Jenn Air appliances: french door refrigerator, oven/convection microwave combo, dishwasher, and cooktop -- all stainless steel. The problem is, the refrigerator's stainless steel looks different from all the other Jenn Air appliances. The refrigerator has a very faint vertical grain and almost a bluish tint (I'm guessing it is grade 400 stainless, but not sure). The other appliances have a more gray tint with a much more pronounced grain that runs horizontally. The difference is particularly noticeable since the refrigerator and the wall over are next to one another. When I purchased the appliances I considered going with a different brand refrigerator, but the vendor told me that I would risk the stainless being different (which is only an issue because the refrigerator and wall over are next to one another) so that's the reason I went with a Jenn Air refrigerator. Has anyone else noticed this? Does Jenn Air make a similar refrigerator to their 69"(h) Cabinet Depth French Door Refrigerator with Internal Dispenser that matches their 30" Combination Oven with V2™ Vertical Dual-Fan Convection System. For top of the line products from the same premium appliance company I would expect their kitchen appliances to match.

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Try this: Put a magnetic sticker or anything magnetic on the refrigerator and see if it holds, if so, then you have what is called "fake" stainless steel.

Jake