Jenn-Air SVE47600 "Locked" light on randomly and door locks randomly.

cabinetman

Premium Member
Model Number
SVE47600
Brand
Jenn-Air
Hi all. Well, this is certainly an outstanding forum that helps the average home-owner, DIY guy direct his efforts and money. I've spent the better part of an hour scouring this forum because I, too am having an issue with my old but trusty Jenn-Air electric slide-in. I've had it in from new in 1999 and we use it a lot. It's give us nothing but good service and we don't want to replace it as we're going to sell this house in a year or so.

The problem is that I think heat has affected one of the items in the control panel up front. The touch pads, clock, timers, lights, etc. ,etc all work fine. Yesterday, however, as we were cooking in the oven, all of a sudden the "lock" light came on and the door began to lock up as if we had asked it to go into cleaning mode. We were able to open the door and remove the food and we finished dinner thinking that as the oven cooled the component would relax and the lock light would go off. IT didn't. So, I flipped the breaker off and let it cool down that way. When I flipped it back on this morning, the lock light returned and the oven wanted to lock the door. I let it. Then I hit cancel and voila! The light went off and the door opened at least for the time being. A long while back something like this happened once before but after cooling it went back to normal. I'm pretty facile with electronics and am perfectly capable of replacing a p/c board but I'm just not sure which board would be creating the problem and thus my newbie registration. My gut tells me that the front panel board with the oven control board since it's directly over the heat from the oven but then the display is working just fine.....at least until the lock light came on.

I'd be more than happy to answer any other diagnostic questions. There are no error codes, either, which leads me to believe it's a failing/failed component. Any and all help will be most graciously appreciated before I just begin ordering willy-nilly.

Rome

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Rome,

You're missing a letter or two at the very end of your model number, I get these results below when I put in your model number:
SVE47600B
SVE47600BC
SVE47600W
SVE47600WC

Here's the repair manual for your model: www.applianceblog.com/manuals/16010191.pdf

Its possibly a worn out door switch. A few other members have reported this same problem.

You can bypass that switch and see if the oven stays on.

Remember to turn your breaker off first to your oven before removing that switch and bypassing it.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

cabinetman

Premium Member
Duh! It's a "B".

Door switch? That would be too easy. I'll most definitely check it out, however. I do very much appreciate the link to the repair manual. I'll keep you all posted.

Rome

cabinetman

Premium Member
Hi Jake

Are you referring to component #10 on page 2-13? That's the only door switch I can find in the manual.

Thanks, again, for your guidance.

Rome

PS The "B" missing only designates the color, black, correct? The serial # is 16280057WB, btw, if that's important.

cabinetman

Premium Member
Upon examining my range and checking another source, I found the switch you mentioned located at the top of the oven to the right of the locking unti for cleaning. I'm going to use an ohm meter to determine if it is defective. I suspect that we're not looking at a switch that tells the range it's closed when it's open. Anyway I'll check it out later today if I've got a chance. Sears has that part for $15, I believe and it looks like the same one. I still think, however, there's a component someplace that is affected by high-heat but right now the range is working 100%. We're going to bake something later on and I hope to stimulate a controlled failure.

Rome

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Rome,

PS The "B" missing only designates the color, black, correct? The serial # is 16280057WB, btw, if that's important.
The "B" signifies more then color, it also signifies revision.

Look here when we just have SVE47600: SVE47600 Jenn Air Range/Stove/Oven Circuit Board & Timer Parts from RepairClinic.com

Then look here when we have SVE47600B: SVE47600 Jenn Air Range/Stove/Oven Model SVE47600B Circuit Board & Timer Parts from RepairClinic.com

See the difference, it narrows down the larger relay board from two part numbers without the "B" SVE47600, to your SPECIFIC relay board part number for your model with the "B" SVE47600B.:)

If the switch tests fine, then the problem is not the clock control board, its the relay board that's bad, trust me I've seen this happen many times.:)

Here's the relay board for your model:
Whirlpool 12001691 Relay Board

Its not advisable to buy parts from Sears, because if you install the part from Sears and it doesn't fix your problem, you can't return it. If you buy parts through our site you have 365 days to return any part, installed of not, for a FULL REFUND.

Jake

cabinetman

Premium Member
Thx! I will not order for Sears to be sure. I'll also double check the ohms on the switch and figured that it was a relay board. I'll keep you posted

Again, thanks for sharing!

Rome

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Rome, sounds good.:)

Jake