• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Jenn-Aire - SVE47600B - FC/F5

hightechresitor

Premium Member
Model Number
SVE47600B
Brand
Jenn-Air
Hello all
Initially after the stove was used the fan was staying on for a while, sometimes a couple of hours
then recently when we are baking the stove will occasionally stop working and display the FC error code and then every once in a while F5 error codes
there could be some correlation with higher temperatures but it is not conclusive yet
I have taken the stove apart and reseated the connectors, I have also poked around with a multi meter to check the resistance of the temp sensor and the two elements as well as looking for bad resistors and capacitors.

The stove is from 1998

Any suggestions or insight on trouble shooting steps are greatly appreciated

hightechresistor

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Error FC says communication error, check the J2 wire harness, if that's ok, replace the relay board.

Here's the relay board for your model:
W10757086 Cntrl-Elec

Jake

hightechresitor

Premium Member
Upon more investigation It appears the connection between Switch membrane and the display keyboard interface board is intermittent. Initially moving the ribbon cable would turn the fan on and off. Additional trouble shooting has caused performance to deteriorate more. Given each of those parts are 2-300 a piece suggestion on which one to start with?

Looking at this manual It is not clear to me which pin is Pin 1 relative to the J3 silk screen on the display keyboard interface board, any suggestions?

hightechresitor

Premium Member
Turns out pin 1 is closest pin to the silk screen label J3 is pin 1. Jumpering the connections on the display keyboard interface board I was able to test the functionality associated with the keys that were not working on the keyboard. This leads me to believe it is either the connector or the switch membrane itself. I tried to check continuity of the switches on the switch membrane but it was not able to successfully make contact with the ribbon connections and push the button at the same time. Pins 1/3/4/5 are used to close the loop with each type of switch I am assuming they are either ground or some voltage, any insight if you have it would be appreciated

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You might want to try this first: Unplug or turn the breaker OFF to your range, then Unplug the ribbon cable, Then use a pencil eraser and only rubbing in the direction of the traces, use the eraser as you would erase, to clean the traces.

If after doing that it still does not work properly, then the control panel touchpad(switch membrane) assembly is the culprit.

WP71002033 Switch Membrane

Jake