• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

JennAir Gas Range SCG20200 F3 Error

npolite

Premium Member
Model Number
SCG20200W
Brand
Jenn-Air
Hi All,

I am helping my aunt out with an issue with her JennAir gas range. She is telling me that when she uses the bake function that an F3 error message is displayed. She has someone replace the temp sensor and the error went away. After a few weeks the error came back. Broil and convection seem to work though. If testing the resistance on the temp sensor and that checks out does that mean the control board is faulty?

Thanks,
Nick

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I don't have a tech sheet or service manual for that model but F3 most often indicates an oven sensor problem. That could be the sensor, its wiring all the way to the control or the sensor circuit in the control itself. Check the whole sensor wiring harness for wear and tear that could possibly cause a short. Such a short might possibly be affected by temperature.

Unfortunately a new control (part # 74002951) is discontinued. If needed you'd have to find a repair service for the control which usually involves removing the control and sending it away for repair then reinstalling it once fixed and returned.

If you need to go that route, there are a number of companies that repair that control at the following link. I have no personal experience with any of those repair services.

LINK > 74002951 Repair Service

Dan O.