• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

JennAir SxS vibrating noise

jennairguy

Premium Member
imported post

I have a Jenn Air SidexSide that i bought in 2000. It ran ok for 5 yrs until recently I needed to defrost it due to accidentally leaving the fridge door open and the fridge side is no longer cooling. After the defrost, things went back to normal until last weekend, I hear this horrible vibrating noise from the inside of the fridge compartment. The noise sounds like a muted alarm clock. The noise comes from the top of the fridge where the lights are. I cannot figure out what this noise is. It only stops when the compressor kicks in. Anyone can help???

jennairguy

Premium Member
imported post

Sorry, my JennAir SxS model is: JCD2389DE

So if the defroster timer is making the noise, does that mean I need to replace it? what do I need to do? any suggestions? it is not always making a noise, just sometimes.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
imported post

jennairguy wrote:

JennAir SxS model is: JCD2389DE
That only looks like part of a model number, did you get it off the appliance's model and serial number identification tag? That is the only reliable place the complete model number will be found.

So if the defrost timer is making the noise, does that mean I need to replace it?
It would, yes, however that fridge model looks to use an electronic control instead. I guess it may be possible it has relays which might chatter but I haven't heard such a complaint myself.

Maybe Jeff can offer his opinion?

Dan O.
Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site
=D~~~~~~

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
imported post

Hi all,

**I guess it may be possible it has relays which might chatter **

Certainly would be the prime suspect. I have heard the relay chatter on these electronic defrostrefrigerators.

**JCD2389DE**

JCD2389DEB JCD2389DEQ JCD2389DES JCD2389DEW

Adaptive defrost board

jeff.

jennairguy

Premium Member
imported post

Does this chatter hurt? can i simply leave it alone? or is this something that i should replace?