• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Jennair - too high temp - F1 fault code

tonypete

My Jennair range Mod JDS9860AAP acted up today. I had set the range to cook at 325 for 4 hours on the keypad. After a half hour or so I noticed the food was smoking and the oven seemed way too hot. The temp. on the display still said it was 325 but it wasn't. I turned the oven off and reset it to 325. I let it go for another half hour and it again seemed too hot and started to beep and display the fault code 'F1'.

I turned the oven off and let it cool down. The fault code disappeared and the display showed the clock time just like normal. The keypad and display seem okay - the timer works, time cook works properly (I set it for 125 F and 3 minutes), convection oven can be turned on okay, etc.

Do I just have a bad themostat or did I overheat and ruin the touch pad ? TIA

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I would get a oven thermometer to check the temperature, I suggest this multimeter that reads oven temperatures too:

Here a link to the error codes: Fault Codes

Its said Jenn-Air F1 was either the keypad, or the control board.

If the thermostat or oven sensor is bad, if could have got the keypad or control board too hot, and caused the F1 if thats the only time its done that.

Jake

Nancy Reynolds

Premium Member
Jenn-Air range not heating properly

I have a brand new Jenn-Air downdraft range model JES9860AAB. I purchased the range in October after my 21 year old Jenn-Air finally bit the dust! This new oven just does not heat properly. My baked goods take at least 25% longer to cook, (not shorter). Nothing browns properly. The temperature seems to be erratic. I set the oven for 350. The temp goes to 350 and then drops to 285 or so before beginning to climb again. The repair technician told me that Maytag says me it is normal for a Jenn-Air an oven to drop 60 degrees or so. My old oven didn't do this. As a seasoned baker, I can tell you that no one wants an oven that behaves like this. Sometimes the oven temperature is perfect. Sometimes, it is too high; mostly it is runs on the cool side. The only way to keep constant heat in the oven is to put ceramic tiles in my oven and preheat for about 90 minutes.

This is NOT the same quality product I have come to expect from Jenn-Air.

Help!!

Nancy Reynolds

Premium Member
I have a brand new Jenn-Air downdraft range model JES9860AAB. I purchased the range in October after my 21 year old Jenn-Air finally bit the dust! This new oven just does not heat properly. My baked goods take at least 25% longer to cook, (not shorter). Nothing browns properly. The temperature seems to be erratic. I set the oven for 350. The temp goes to 350 and then drops to 285 or so before beginning to climb again. The repair technician told me that Maytag says me it is normal for a Jenn-Air an oven to drop 60 degrees or so. My old oven didn't do this. As a seasoned baker, I can tell you that no one wants an oven that behaves like this. Sometimes the oven temperature is perfect. Sometimes, it is too high; mostly it is runs on the cool side. The only way to keep constant heat in the oven is to put ceramic tiles in my oven and preheat for about 90 minutes.

This is NOT the same quality product I have come to expect from Jenn-Air.

Help!!
<!-- / message -->

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here is a list of error codes: Fault Codes

The F1 for your model, depending on how new it is, says the membrane(touchpad) is faulty or the relay board is faulty.

Jake