• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED JES9900BAF Jenn-Air electric slide in range - Front right burner switch

Daddyfix

Premium Member
Model Number
JES9900BAF
Brand
Jenn-Air
I need to replace the front right burner switch as it is defective, it works clockwise but works intermittently counter clockwise.
I have checked both the switch and the burner element and it is definitely the switch, the voltage flickers as you move the switch counter clockwise.
The online sites show this switch is part number 7401195 and that it's no longer available and there is no substitute part.
I found a picture of this part online, and it has the number 8507P309-60 on it.
The defective switch in my range, which has worked fine for all the 5 years or so that we have owned it, (and possible replaced by the previous owner) has the number 8507P370-60 on it.
However an online search for 8507P370-60 comes up with nothing at all on this number.
One site seems to suggest that WPW10185286 (replaces 8507P367-60, 8507P353-60 and 7401196) may work.
Can you help sort out this confusion and recommend which part I buy, please?
In case you need the serial number it is 17970972NC.
I think the range is 6-10 years old, but it may be older.

Daddyfix

Premium Member
Thanks, Rick.
I bought one of those WPW10185286.
It does look identical to the old switch in the range, except for one little detail.
The top plug on my range (the one with more wires on it) has some tabs on the top side.
These are supposed to mate with the slots in the top socket in the back of the switch.
The slots in WPW10185286 are different to the slots in my old switch.
So the plug won't go in.
It looks like if I cut the tabs off the plug it would go in.
Should I do that?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Sorry I'm not following you. Can you take a couple pics and post them here so I can see what you're referring to?

Daddyfix

Premium Member
Well I just cut the tabs off the side of the plug and pushed it in.
I took a chance, but that's the only thing I could do other than scrap the range.
Happily everything is working, and I don't want to open it all up again for pictures.
If you look at the back of the switch in the link that you sent me, you will see the slots in the black plastic back around the hole where the plug from the range goes.
There are tabs on the side of that plug that are supposed to correspond.
But they don't so I had to cut them off to get the plug to go in.