• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

JFC2089HES Jenn Air Refrigerator non stop alarming

STun

Premium Member
Model Number
JFC2089HES
Brand
Jenn-Air
The refrigerator does not stop alarming - door open alarm - despite disconnecting power and pressing the lexan panel buttons.

Corrected model number

Last edited by a moderator:

STun

Premium Member
I am also interested in where I can buy a legitimate service manual. The types of manuals that a service engineer is trained with. I am trying to locate the buzzer so if its possible I will disconnect it. It'
s driving us crazy.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Jenn-Air was bought by Maytag. Then Maytag was bought by Whirlpool. Your chances of of finding a service manual for that machine is slim. The best I can do is the tech sheet. The problem is either the door switch or the door sensing circuit on the control. That's probably where the speaker is. Can you tell where the alarm sound is coming from?

STun

Premium Member
Sounds like underneath the unit, possibly in the what appears to be a board box on the left as you remove the base panel from the back. My son thinks its coming from in front of the compressor unit toward the front of the fridge. Its not easy to pinpoint. However I was guessing it was on the board. Its loud.
The door switch(s) does turn off the panel lights so I am not sure if I can rule that out. Depressed the switches for several minutes after replacing power and the noise came back. If I can find the buzzer on the board or as a stand alone I will either lebotimize it on the board or disconnect it if standalone.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The door switch(s) does turn off the panel lights so I am not sure if I can rule that out
The door switch is actually two switches. One is Normally Open and the other is Normally Closed. The speaker is on the control board:
Snapshot_2.jpg