• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

JFI2089AES2 Jenn-Air Refrigerator Water Dispenser Lights Stopped Coming On

ERM

Premium Member
Model Number
JFI2089AES2
Brand
Jenn-Air
Both of the LED(?) lights on the water/ice dispenser have stopped coming on. For a little bit they were flashing and going sporadically on/off when I would use the dispenser (by default it should come on when dispensing). My guess is there is a short or something going on, but could it be something else? Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, the problem is most likely the main control board in the back of your refrigerator.

If you want to verify that to make sure: Check the wires and wire connectors under the top hinge cover. Check if any pins are backing out of the connector. On the main control board measure the voltage at J6-1 and J6-2. If less than +12 VDC replace the main control board.

Here's the main control board for your model you can order(Video Included in part link):
Main Control Board WPW10310240

Make sure you unplug the refrigerator before replacing it.:)

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

ERM

Premium Member
Thank you. Sorry, where is the top hinge cover located? Also, the sticker w/ the model and serial number is not on the fridge (fridge was in the house when I purchased it and sticker was never there). However, where that sticker is supposed to be it has label that someone must have made with a label maker. It has a RF number (4-digit) and an AIN number (19-digit). Would the RF number be the programming code for the control panel? Is the AIN the serial? I am also guessing on the exact model - there is a sticker at the bottom of the freezer that says "JFI2089AES" without a number. Thanks again, it is appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Here's your parts diagram: Parts for Maytag JFI2089AES2: Cabinet Parts

#5 is your hinge cover, #9 is the screw you remove to take the hinge cover off.:)

Would the RF number be the programming code for the control panel? Is the AIN the serial?
Post those numbers so we can see them.

I am also guessing on the exact model - there is a sticker at the bottom of the freezer that says "JFI2089AES" without a number.
No, because all the JFI2089AES models use the exact same control board.

Jake

ERM

Premium Member
Ha! I initially read that as hinged cover, so I was thinking something in the back. The numbers on that label are RF-0216 and the AIN is 9814-51704-41489-B3000.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

I'm not sure if any of those numbers are your PROGRAM CODE.

Here's the tech data sheet for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-UXnnR5k3tDs9u8Vez5_nLrIoHf4Bec7

Then look at Page 4 where it says PROGRAMMING MODE, do that, then at step 6 you will see your current PROGRAM CODE.

--->6- The control will display the current PROGRAM CODE.

Let us know what it says.

Jake

ERM

Premium Member
It says PE2 with a space and then 013. Thanks again for your assistance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

This value should be validated with the Program CODE printed on the unit serial plate. Since we don't have the unit serial plate, we can't validate it. But your Program Code saved is 2013.

NOTE: If the Program CODE is correct, the Programming Mode is exited by pressing water Keypad for 3 seconds.
7. Press the UR Keypad or LR Keypad to change the digit value with each key press.
8. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the UL Keypad to select the next digit.
9. Once the desired Program CODE is entered, press and hold the LL Keypad until the Program CODE begins flashing indicating it has been saved.

I've never programmed a new control board with the serial plate missing, so if you want to order a new board and try 2013, then go for it. If your leery about doing that then go Refrigerator Shopping.

Jake

ERM

Premium Member
Thank you. A few more questions and I won't take up any more of your time:

- The light came back on tonight and then it went back off. If everything else is still working okay except the lights, do you think it is the control panel? Is there anything I can check with a multimeter on the current control panel to confirm?
- If I did get a new panel, in your opinion, what are the chances that it would work if that's the program code it's currently showing?

Appreciate all your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

The light came back on tonight and then it went back off. If everything else is still working okay except the lights, do you think it is the control panel? Is there anything I can check with a multimeter on the current control panel to confirm?
It sounds like its intermittent now, so it will likely keep going off and on intermittently if it came back on again.

Like I mentioned in post#2:

If you want to verify that to make sure: Check the wires and wire connectors under the top hinge cover. Check if any pins are backing out of the connector. On the main control board measure the voltage at J6-1 and J6-2. If less than +12 VDC replace the main control board.

If I did get a new panel, in your opinion, what are the chances that it would work if that's the program code it's currently showing?
You mean control board? I don't know, like I mentioned I have never had one with a missing serial plate. I wish I could give you a good answer, but I can't.

Jake