FIXED JFI2089AES2 Water dispenser continually drips after hooking up RO System

ERM

Premium Member
Model Number
JFI2089AES2
Brand
Jenn-Air
I had an RO system installed by a plumber at the sink last week and he came back this week to route to refrigerator (Jenn-Air JFI2089AES2). The system has enough pressure as it is similar to what we had prior, but it continues to drip now. In the week we had turned off the water to the fridge, out of habit a few times we tried to get water out of the fridge to get nothing.

Don't know if that brought any sediment and/or calcium through the line that's now stuck in the valve, but that is what I am thinking.

If that is the case I am looking at replacing the water inlet valve https://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-valve-dual-water-67006322-ap4081950.html but wanted to confirm my thoughts.

There was no problem prior to hooking up RO which made me wonder if the RO did anything but as mentioned has ample pressure and it was simply connected to the existing line coming out of the fridge. Thank you for your assistance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you get all the air out of the line? If not that can cause the drip too. Run 10 full glasses of water through the water dispenser and see if the drip stops.

If it doesn't stop after doing that, then yes replace the water inlet valve you linked to in your 1st post.:)

Let us know what happens.

Jake

ERM

Premium Member
Thanks. Just a follow up - I replaced the water inlet valve and that fixed the problem.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent ERM, glad to hear the new water inlet valve fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake