• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

JGB650DEF1WW GE Gas Range Error UnLock door but door is not locked

2kids26

Premium Member
Model Number
JGB650DEF1WW
Brand
GE
Help!!!

I used the self cleaning and am now getting an error message "Un lock door" but the door is not locked. We tried unplugging the oven, rerunning a self clean mode, removing the wires to the latch and even bought a new control panel. Nothing has worked!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Usually what I find is the oven door latch switch is stuck or broken and its sending a signal to the control board that the oven door is locked.

So I would check that oven door latch switch first.

Here's the oven door latch assembly for your model below, the brown part on it is the switch.

WB02K10140 Latch Assembly

To get access to it you'd need to remove the cooktop, the link to the video below shows you a general idea on how to do that, Unplug your range first.

GE Gas Oven Disassembly – Range Repair Help

Jake

2kids26

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately it did not work :( We ended up snipping the orange and yellow wires from the door latch assembly and we were able to turn the oven on.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That will work too, but now you won't be able to use self-clean anymore, but that's fine, self-clean does more harm than good as per what yours did, and others do too, due to the extreme oven heat.

EASY-OFF still works well for manually cleaning.

Jake