JGBC16GEJ2WH Stove top burner igniters click when oven cycles off, stop click when oven cycles on

village idiot

Premium Member
Model Number
JGBC16GEJ2WH
Brand
GE
When using oven only, oven igniter clicks, pilot lights, oven burner fires up fine, then oven reaches set temperature. It stops burner on its own. The oven pilot light stays lit and the oven burner eventually comes back on normal, (to maintain set temperature). My problem is the stove top burner igniters, (two of them), start clicking when the oven burner stops and oven pilot is still lit.

They click every 5-6 seconds until, eventually, oven burner re-lights. Then they stop clicking and are quiet again until the oven burner stops and the stove top igniters start clicking again. Then the cycle repeats itself. I know it's an older unit, but I like to try and keep the old stuff working.

I'm 58 and don't want to be replaced by something when I have a small issue. The stove top operates fine with burner and igniter functioning fine. Complete model# on decal is JGBC16GEJ2WH, but I found a user manual that uses the shorter number for identifying it as a "electronic ignition" model

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Sounds like a spark module issue...

Spark-Module-WB49X10192-01041020.jpg Spark module kit

Sounds like this new one is slightly different than the original one, a copy: retro fit to new style module

jeff.