• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

JGBP79BEB1BB GE Profile XL44 Igniter still not igniting (after replacing it).

axfigueroa

Model Number
JGBP79BEB1BB
Brand
GE
I have a GE Profile XL 44 that had issue w/ bottom igniter. I replaced the bottom ignitor w/ a part number WB2X9154. The oven still does not ignite (the igniter doesn't glow). Anything else I could try to fix or resolve? The top ignitor works fine (the broiler works). The warming drawer also works fine. When I pre-heat the oven, set temp and push start it just doesn't turn on (bottom ignitor)...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its possibly the oven temp. sensor probe OR clock oven control board that's bad, also check for a broken bake ignitor wire, you should be getting 120 volts to that bake ignitor when BAKE is ON.

The clock oven control board has been discontinued:

The oven temp. sensor is a probe type part that you can see inside your oven, you can get access to it from the back of your range where it has a electrical connector on it. Unplug your range or turn the breaker OFF first before ohm testing it.

You may be able to get access to the oven sensor electrical connector without pulling your oven out from the wall, just unscrew the oven sensor mounting bracket from inside the oven and pull the electrical connector through the hole and hopefully you will have enough slack in that electrical connector to ohm test it from inside the oven.

Oven Sensor WB21X5301

Jake