• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

JGBS21HEH1WW GE Oven Won't Turn Off, or Turns On By Itself

MikeRum

Premium Member
Model Number
JGBS21HEH1WW
Brand
GE
Hello. I have a GE #JGBS21HEH1WW gas range, which is in a tenants apartment. The tenant tells me at times the oven will not turn off when he turns the knob to "off". Sometimes it turns off and sometimes it doesn't. He also says the oven turns on by itself sometimes, even though the knob is in the off position

I've heard cutting the power at the circuit breaker will sometimes reset certain ranges and fix these kind of problems, which I'll check out tomorrow, but wanted to get a techs point of view on what might be the problem

Also, I realize this is the GE section, but didn't want to clutter up the board with another post. I have a friend who's stove burners won't light by themselves. One burner will light by itself sometimes, but not always. It's A Frigidaire. I don't know the model number as the tag with that info is blackened and not legible

I see the spark in between the burners and hear the clicking, and gas is on and getting to the burners, as I can light them with a flame, but they won't light themselves

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for any help

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member