FIXED JGS760BELTS Both broil and Bake go out prior to reaching set temp.

Richard Chase

Premium Member
Model Number
JGS760BELTS
Brand
GE
Both broil and bake flames go out prior to hitting desired temperature. If you play with it long enough and you do get to desired temperature it will work.
If anyone has a tech sheet or better yet service manual I would appreciate it.
Does anyone know how to bring up fault codes?
Does anyone know how to access control board?
Thank you, Richard.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Model JGS760BELTS
Did you get the model number right off the appliance's model and serial number identification tag? It looks like it might be missing a digit.

I found listings for models JGS760BEL1TS and JGS760BEL2TS

Richard Chase said:
Both broil and bake flames go out prior to hitting desired temperature.
Newer models often don't preheat to the full set temperature. The manufactures say it isn't necessary, while also conserving energy. I'm afraid I do not know how your control is actually programmed.

What is the actual temperature it is getting to on preheat? How hot was it set for?

What is the actual oven temperature when set to a specific temperature?

Dan O.

Richard Chase

Premium Member
bigbuck , Thank you for the bulletin. That does seem to cover my issue. The bulletin says to
Enter the range ERC’s Fault Retrieval Mode to display the hidden fault
codes (see unit’s Mini-Manual).
and
enter the ERC’s Service (Test) Mode.

Since I do not have the manual or tech sheet I do not know how to do either. Thanks again for the bulletin!

Richard Chase

Premium Member
Update, called customer and had him try "Press numbers 1 - 3 - 0 simultaneously and hold for 3 seconds. " that worked and he retrieved the F350 error code. So now it sure does look like the bulletin will be the fix I just need to learn how to enter the ERC’s Service (Test) Mode.
gef350.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's that blower motor that's in the service bulletin, in case you or others need it:

GE changed the part number WB26X29060 to part number WB26X32571

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck!

Let us know what you find Richard.

Jake

Richard Chase

Premium Member
First and for most I want to thank Big Buck for his knowledge and help. An authorized GE service tech could not fix this so GE field scraped. I got the call and was stumped. After Big Buck shared the bulletin with me I was able to complete the repair. Thank You! I can tell anyone who reads this thread in the future when the oven is working correctly the cooling fan starts to spin at 190 degrees, if the CPU does not get the feed back it shuts off oven at 250 degrees.