JJW9627DDW Jenn Air oven dead, even light bulbs. Next step?

myf16

Premium Member
Model Number
JJW9627DDW
Brand
Jenn-Air
When I open the over door (either one) the light bulb does not turn on. The display is blank and the touch panel doesn't respond.

Am I correct that the light bulbs do not require the computer to turn on when you open the oven?

This happened after a power failure in the neighborhood. I'm trying to decide whether the circuit breaker dies or something inside the oven failed. If the light bulbs depend on the computer, than I'm going to open it up and measure voltages.

myf16

Premium Member
I checked the wiring diagram and the oven lamps and the door switches are each wired to a device called "UH ELEC", which I take to be the main circuit board.

What does UH stand for?

There are no fuses on the wiring diagram, so I'm now thinking fried component(s) on the board. Opinions?

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
What does UH stand for?
I haven't heard the term the use for it before. User something likely. (eg. User Interface, User Headsup??)

LINK > JJW9627DDW Electronic Control

There are no fuses on the wiring diagram
There is a high limit thermostat T.O.D. in the red-wire circuit. I do not know if its failure would prevent all functioning.

I would suggest someone first confirm both 120 and 240 volts are present at the oven's electrical connection.

Dan O.

myf16

Premium Member
I opened the oven and there is 120V on the 2-wire connector with white/black wires. I don't see any damage, so I suspect a fried microcircuit. I plan to send the board to the guy on ebay who repairs them.

Maybe UH is universal harness since everything seems to connect to it!

myf16

Premium Member
The ebay guys repaired it! Open circuited capacitors, presumably damaged by a voltage spike. I'm back in business.