• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

JKP15B0D1BB GE Wall Oven - F0 error / I need some advice.

Time_eater

Premium Member
Model Number
JKP15B0D1BB
Brand
GE
Hello I have a question in regards to a non functioning oven.

This oven is well over 15 years old I think.

At some point the oven started beeping randomly and the control panel stopped functioning correctly. It gives an F0 error code, in researching the problem most of the things I have read say this means one of 3 things has gone wrong. That the control panel has gone bad, or control board, or a cable that connects the two. Sometimes its possible to press start to clear the code and pre heat the oven, and sometimes pressing start gives two beeps and does nothing and all the other buttons are non functioning. And eventually after about 30 seconds of it being turned off it beeps loudly for about a minute or so then shows F0 again.

I want to repair the oven because getting a new one is not an option currently. My problem is that in addition to the fact GE no longer makes the parts for it, I cannot actually find anything related to the model number on the oven itself. I can find things for a model JKP15BDBB, which is just missing the 0 and 1. I know almost nothing about this sort of thing, so I dont know if that is difference is important and I dont want to buy anything if its not going to work.

In addition to the model number the serial number is GD632723Q and I cant find anything at all in regards to that.

What would the wisest course of action be for resolving this?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that F0 error code means the ERC is bad.

Yes, its no longer available: Oven Control ERC3B WB27T10348

What would the wisest course of action be for resolving this?
Trying ebay for the part. But it would be more wise to buy a new range than take a chance on a used part from ebay.

BASIC ranges are not that expensive, if you add BELLS and WHISTLES that gets expensive.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.