• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED JKP30WM2WW Need to replace a discontinued part on wall oven -- will this retrofit work?

leahcimp

Premium Member
Model Number
JKP30WM2WW
Brand
GE
(See diagram below)

I have the JKP30WM2WW wall oven. I need to replace the front control panel, which requires me to replace the entire #18 assy in the diagram below. However, Assy #18 is discontinued.

At the bottom of this diagram there is a retrofit. If I purchase those parts (1001, 1016, 1018), will this fit my oven? And if so, are there other parts necessary for the retrofit?

Thank you.

JKP30WM2WW_diagram.gif

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

jeff1

Staff member
If you get a chance, let us know what they say.

jeff.

leahcimp

Premium Member
Well you won't believe how this story ends! I called GE. Turns out the part I'm trying to replace is known to be defective in some cases (but not a safety issue, so no "recall"). The defect is that the plastic on the control panel bubbles up -- the exact problem I was having. The result: GE redesigned the part (thus the "retrofit"), they are providing the new part for free, and they're sending out a tech to do the installation for free!

As I told the extremely helpful customer service rep, she has restored my confidence in GE.

And thank you Jeff for recommending I call GE -- that advice worked out perfectly.

jeff1

Staff member
Great deal!
Thankx for the update :)

jeff.