• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED JKS10B0M1BB GE Oven Touchpad Overlay

neska2

Premium Member
I communicated via email. Stated my model, the problem with overlay buttons bubbling, I was asked for address and I was sent the whole kit. Problem solved and I'm so glad I found this thread.

PRGal

Premium Member
I communicated via email. Stated my model, the problem with overlay buttons bubbling, I was asked for address and I was sent the whole kit. Problem solved and I'm so glad I found this thread.
Could you share the email address, please?
I'm also glad I found this thread! I have a different model purchased in 2008, with same problem and a discontinued part that's nowhere to be found.)

neska2

Premium Member
I'm also glad I found this thread! I have a different model purchased in 2008, with same problem and a discontinued part that's nowhere to be found.)
Initially I used the Contact Us on GE
https://www.geappliances.com/ge/service-and-support/contact.htm?icid=PARTStopnav-contact

Then after they replied communication was via email. geappliancessupport@mailva.custhelp.com
I'm not sure if that would work if you don't initiate the conversation via their website but you might try
Hope that helps

Nickinhawaii

Premium Member
Did you have any luck? I wish I found this thread 3 years ago when I first started to look at replacing my buttons back in Feb 2017.

I emailed and got a case started but they didn't respond for 2 weeks so I'm on the phone now but they aren't sure what I'm talking about. I gave my model and serial number, is there anything else that needs to be mentioned?

Nick

Nickinhawaii

Premium Member
Okay so they did find the part and could offer a discount on it, but it's no longer being manufactured so no luck, bummer.

PRGal

Premium Member
Okay so they did find the part and could offer a discount on it, but it's no longer being manufactured so no luck, bummer.
I spent an hour on the phone, being transferred around to various unhelpful people in early January. Finally got someone who also found the retrofit kit part number for my model, but same thing--no longer being manufactured. (Also suggested they wouldn't be likely to send any free kits for an 11-year-old oven, despite my sending him the link to this thread, proving someone here got a kit as recently as last month.) Armed with the part number, I did an online search and it turned up at several parts places, but unfortunately none had any in stock--and can't be ordered since it's no longer made. Disappointing and frustrating.

tkemmet

Premium Member
My (stainless steel unit) control panel overlay has bubbled and cracked in several places. The time has come to address this as a safety issue and not a cosmetic irritation. GE's replacement program I understand has ended for a free retro-fit to a touch control panel. I believe the replacement part (mylar film) is Wall Oven Control Panel WB36T11242. The redesign retro-fit part is Kit (Touch) Panel Control 30(ss) WB49T10043 (no longer the mylar film design). Any help to claim a discounted part would be appreciated.